What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

This story is as factual as i can remember, the guitar mag interviews from the 80s - 90s i read, Eddie said his tapping style idea first came from him seeing zeppelin and one part on a zep song i dont remember where, but page did a note tap on his guitar neck, and eddie having a inventors mind like page, always wanted things improved and perfected, so he went to work on this idea he saw page do, but 10 fold, we all know in the early vh years before they were signed , eddie would turn his back to the crowd when he was doing his tapping parts. this was his invention he was going to ride the waves of success with, and did not want it taken from him yet. But.......in all normal aspects of things that evolve, eddie was only human, and this style was going to happen eventually , and had also been figured out , or stolen at the same time by George Lynch, this style had been spreading underground if you will, after all it also was a business with some ego to be the biggest new thing, George lynch had honed his skill also with a few others, but VH pulled it out at a show first, and after vh signed eddie was standing proud facing the crowd tapping away, George Lynch said when i saw that, i said yup someone got there before i did. Its nice to think of VH as the first guy ever, but he was the first guy popular with the public. and the band was great, that whole combo, front man, sometime listen to the bass guitar always hitting with the kick drum to extend the low end, little things that made a difference. It made eddies guitar stand out more without some busy bass player mudding the shit up, smart guys

Just saw a picture online of Hank Jr. doing a right handed fretting. Many people did this before Eddie. He just took it to another level.

Turn Blue - The Black Keys
nRRGOQ3.jpg

Lovebites is all female metal band out of Japan and their first full album just released today. Their guitarists can shred. The Japanese are keeping rock/metal alive. How can I not like Beautiful women that can rock? I wish they stick with singing in Japanese instead. IMO, they are the real Iron Maidens :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom