What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

ih1p8twtq2wj.jpg

Spotify tracks you listening habits and offers asst. play lists. This one is all prog music and started of with Marillion

Now with all that said, the one exception I would make is if you're laying down tracks in a studio, especially if you're paying dollars to do so. Then it would prudent to make sure it is absolutely spot-on with an electronic tuner. I guess in the end it really doesn't matter. What does matter to me, is if you play the guitar you should know how to re-string it and tune it, with use of pitch pipe or Fork only. If you can only tune it using technology like an electronic tuning meter, then, well, no words....

This topic I came across about "perfect pitch" to make vocals perfect - I did not know there was even such a thing.
I really hated preparing for doing guitar tracks for people, if i was paid from a person to record guitar parts someplace, a few days before , i would do a string change for the best sound, but we know that means strings stretching when they were new , and my gibson was not great at keeping in tune if i was doing big bends like in country steel sounds, i had upgraded everything many times on my les paul to get the guitar to stay in under extreme bends, was fun but also a pain in the ass like everything can be sometimes, Some new singers are uncertain to what they want , or how to explain, i remember a girl that could not figure out how to tell me on a solo part if she wanted less highs on my guitar (as in tone) or less highs as in notes, we could not understand each other, they dont understand also that the eq will change anyway when its mixed after, so i lowered both hahaha and it worked out i guess.

Last edited:
I really hated preparing for doing guitar tracks for people, if i was paid from a person to record guitar parts someplace, a few days before , i would do a string change for the best sound, but we know that means strings stretching when they were new , and my gibson was not great at keeping in tune if i was doing big bends like in country steel sounds, i had upgraded everything many times on my les paul to get the guitar to stay in under extreme bends, was fun but also a pain in the ass like everything can be sometimes, Some new singers are uncertain to what they want , or how to explain, i remember a girl that could not figure out how to tell me on a solo part if she wanted less highs on my guitar (as in tone) or less highs as in notes, we could not understand each other, so i lowered both hahaha and it worked out i guess.
Sounds like your trick worked! BTW: I was just location at your location (where you live). Beautiful place, up-State NE New York! Are you in a rural area - lots of space, etc...?

Harlequin
Dave Grusin
Lee Ritenour
Great keyboard guitar collaboration!
On the PC at work,
Jim

51EGylzbmwL.jpg
Hi Jim,

I'm seeing much in common with our taste in music. I've always been a fan of GRP and their artists. Makes a great record label when both original founders are musicians themselves. Here is a list of my Lee, Grusin, and some other GRP artists...
upload_2017-10-27_5-59-28.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-1-29.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-2-52.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-4-39.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-6-17.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-7-38.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-9-16.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-13-53.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-16-15.png

upload_2017-10-27_6-19-27.png

Too many more to post, I'm at my limit of 10 pics - But all of the above I can highly recommend!

Regards,
Chris

serveimage.jpg

Afternoon folks
Yes Chris,its brill!
Just completed burning up a huge mass of vegetation this morning on a clear bright day,so enjoying a Cornish pastie,banana and orange,passion fruit juice.Somewhat exhausted by my labours this morning so giving Robert a spin and relaxing a bit,still got more to burn.
Happy Friday folks....

Hi Jim,

I'm seeing much in common with our taste in music. I've always been a fan of GRP and their artists. Makes a great record label when both original founders are musicians themselves. Here is a list of my Lee, Grusin, and some other GRP artists...
View attachment 1033036

View attachment 1033037

View attachment 1033038

View attachment 1033039

View attachment 1033040

View attachment 1033041

View attachment 1033042

View attachment 1033043

View attachment 1033044

View attachment 1033047

Too many more to post, I'm at my limit of 10 pics - But all of the above I can highly recommend!

Regards,
Chris

I do have many of those titles!
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom