What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Sticking with Roy!
Roy Buchanan
Self titled
Still one of his best, with some solid rockabilly!
Regards,
Jim

61taNDJKxrL._SL1280_.jpg

I've been spinning some Joe Walsh lately....So What and The Smoker especially. Music is fantastic and I forgot how good these sounded. His material is always well produced and mastered. If you can get the black label ABC Lee Hulco cut of The Smoker, you will not be disappointed. The So What LP I have was mastered by Kendun and sounds fantastic as well.

Looks like "The Incredible Pumulk!"

Earlier Tonight (a few I forgot): Airto and Nappy Brown

Commute Home and (continued) Now Playing: Jack DeJohnette, "Selected Recordings" (favorite ECM tracks hand-picked by JD):

View attachment 1032888

(Yeah, it's sideways; I'm tired)

View attachment 1032891

View attachment 1032892

I'm doing a little sound reinforcement/DJ gig tomorrow for a basketball tournament. On deck-- King Funk (compilation), Ikebe Shakedown, "Hard Steppin'", Colemine Singles (compilation), and
maybe some Culture, "Two Sevens Clash."

Going to try and settle in. 'Night All (??)...

GJ

What kind of PA gear do you have?

Agreed, Ieaned to tune by ear as a teen, and have strung many guitars. Down to 2 now, we don't have a lot of room for them, one in storage currently.. an original American Ovation. I was never an ovation fan, but by grandfather is a collector of guitars, he has hundreds.. it's out of control. I'll ask him to send me a pix. He had me playing when I was maybe 9-10 years of age. Any who, he gave me one of his early ovations prior to me going off to school. it's been almost 20 years now... one of my favorite sounding guitars. In beautiful condition as well. I'll have to pull it out of storage.

Nonetheless I can tune by ear, have used a fork, and the digital tuners, but when using the fork or digital tuners there is always some fine tuning that the human ear has to hear to get the correct tone.

Any who, hope your evening is going well! :)

Kind Regards,
John

In all honesty I haven't seen a pro player regularly playing anything use a 440 fork in thirty five years. In a band sense tuning perfectly is favor to the band, and group intonation exceeds tuning in importance. Pitch pipes seem to only be used by vocal only groups that inexplicably dont have relative pitch and cant sing a note of a song that they supposedly know without a sheet of music in front of them, how they sight read a vocal part but can't vocally volunteer a C note on demand remains a secret, does anyone know a typist that can take dictation in a language they can't speak??

Back
Top Bottom