What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Not shining you on, Steve, but that sounds reasonable to me. Especially for NOS/sealed. But some of the other prices I mentioned, especially for basement water-damaged junk, are crazy. BTW-- Where can we find your for-sales on-line? If it's breaking any forum rules to post, PM me!
GJ[/QUOTE]

I don't sell online or Bartertown, just in the boothspace.

Feel free to PM me anytime!

Continuing outside my normal genre:
South of the Border
Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass
Say what you will, they were one tight on the money Band.
A&M records SP 108
Regards,
Jim

61HLzm4VlJL.jpg

Continuing outside my normal genre:
South of the Border
Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass
Say what you will, they were one tight on the money Band.
A&M records SP 108
Regards,
Jim

61HLzm4VlJL.jpg

Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass!
They sold millions of albums in their day.
As we can see from all the albums at the thrift stores.
You do not sell millions by being average.
I have 2 or 3 of his albums, I will need to dig them out and give them a spin.
I am not into horns so much, otherwise I would play his music.

Yes. It's a double edged sword. I like that more quality new records are available, and the "industry" seems to be healthy, but I also miss the days where no one seemed to care about vinyl records. I want the "trend" to subside so I can go back to finding badass records for next to nothing!

Hop on the super cheap CD train while the going is good!

I remember my first CD costing $27 in '91, that's $50 in 2017 terms. So it appears CD and LP costs have reversed over time. Latest DSOTM repressing on 180gm was about $45 Aussie dollars.

With regards to the record comments, I do sell some that I find and sometimes I just can't decide what to ask so I'm just using "sold" on eBay.

I sell some really nice records for
$5-$10 in my Wife's vintage selling space, a few that are $15-$20.

Here's and example, I don't want to keep this record and it's still in original sealed plastic.

Best of BTO, $10
View attachment 1052851

Beatles Hard Days Night $20
View attachment 1052852

Do you post in bartertown media? I shop there

I think the first time I took any real notice of Van Halen was when I saw them live at Wembley. Great concert. As far as I was concerned, VH were headlining and Bon Jovi were also rans.

My first exposure was the debut LP, In my barracks room, The weekly Friday Jack Daniels, Weed fest was in full swing, A girl who was a regular, Shows up, Waving that album, Put this on, Hurry! I ignore her for a sec, I play it, Jaws drop, And the rest is history. Jamie's Crying, Was getting a lot of air play. Bought it the next day. Still, The greatest party album out here.

Back
Top Bottom