What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

A bit of Art Deco with dinner - 'The Essential Fred Astaire'... Lots of classics, here...

71eFHkEa7OL._SX425_.jpg

just spent the long holiday weekend at my folks' country home (8 hillside acres)... mostly listened to 70s to 90s and Christmas music on my mother's Pioneer surround system, but took some pictures of the system that defined my youth!
24130271_10155785393842416_4749898978631588083_o.jpg

When it was in the basement of the house I grew up in... it had a matching dual cassette and a turntable and was plugged into a pair of BSR 15" 3-ways from the DAK catalog. The power amp was designed by one of my father's friends who designed studio electronics professionally. My father had a guy in his shop build it for him... for the price of double the components so the guy could build his own too. My father doesn't use it often any more (I always got way more use out of the system than he did!)... I think it was a status item for him more than anything. He use to bring friends down to the finished basement and play them the disco version of the 5th of Beethoven or something from Fleetwood Mac louder than comfortable... and then it was over. Not a lot of chilling to music.

Once my kid goes down... I'm going to go blast my greatest hits from 83-86 on my system (my high school years that this was the system in the basement) and pretend I'm 14 again!!

I was at one of the local thrifts today.

I found a bunch of LP's, luckily for me.
In the box of LP's was a large 'booklet', if that's what it is called.
It is green with just the initials PP&M on a leafy background.
An inside page has handwritten names and dates of 2-26-67.
It may have been someones souvenir from overseas, I am not sure.
It looked nice with Peter Paul and Mary photos through out its 15-16 pages, so I bought it.
I almost fell over when I was looking it over at home.
I found this photo inside.
So super cool.
Will need to play me some early Beatles, and Peter Paul and Mary.

P1090228.JPG

just spent the long holiday weekend at my folks' country home (8 hillside acres)... mostly listened to 70s to 90s and Christmas music on my mother's Pioneer surround system, but took some pictures of the system that defined my youth!
24130271_10155785393842416_4749898978631588083_o.jpg

When it was in the basement of the house I grew up in... it had a matching dual cassette and a turntable and was plugged into a pair of BSR 15" 3-ways from the DAK catalog. The power amp was designed by one of my father's friends who designed studio electronics professionally. My father had a guy in his shop build it for him... for the price of double the components so the guy could build his own too. My father doesn't use it often any more (I always got way more use out of the system than he did!)... I think it was a status item for him more than anything. He use to bring friends down to the finished basement and play them the disco version of the 5th of Beethoven or something from Fleetwood Mac louder than comfortable... and then it was over. Not a lot of chilling to music.

Once my kid goes down... I'm going to go blast my greatest hits from 83-86 on my system (my high school years that this was the system in the basement) and pretend I'm 14 again!!
Beats me....I had a couple of suitcase record players. Then I bought my first brand new system. A JVC NIVICO with a BSR stacker and an 8 Track. I thought it was badass...:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom