What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I accidentally spilled a drop of Hennesy VS on a record last night. I wiped it clean with a microclothe, and what do you know... the sound had improved immensely. Instead of investing in both alkyhol and record cleaner separately, I wonder if I should just buy a lot more Hennesy and double-purpose it?
Typica
Damn!! I was in the "W" section and nearly pulled that...
And I paused it at the used record store last week and passed. I'll have to go back. I have two of their albums.

It's funny you mentioned Miles. The first time I heard Shirley Horn it was "Blue In Green" on streaming radio. Bought the cd "I Remember Miles" that week. Of course that's the album Blue In Green is on.
What would we do without music to get us through the hard times?

I Remember Miles is excellent. I used to own a physical copy but now it just hangs out in the iPod.

I'm not sure what we would do without music. I have heard some incredible things in my 32 years thus far.

0hjcw11j41nl.jpg

Film & the BB's • TriCycle

Heading out shortly to meet up with the guys from work for a little Christmas dinner and drinks.

If you weren`t aware, Janis Ian wrote this song when she was only 15 years old (!), her version was a bit more edgy, mentioning "getting raped", which was omitted from the cover versions. Her first album was extremely controversial, discussing things like interracial dating in a time when such things were still forbidden. Banned from airplay in many locations, as a matter of fact....

Had no idea that it was a Janis Ian song. Thanks for that info!
I guess now I have to stop saying that I don't like anything by Janis Ian.
(Not that I've ever actually said it, but I've thought it)

Thought I would share this. Awhile back I mentioned I needed cataract surgery on one eye. Well it's finally gonna happen 1/11/18. Just went and picked up some contact lens for the other eye. Only took 5 appts. to finally get to this point:dunno:. Pretty excited to finally get my right eye fixed. Got to use that health insurance, Only costs a third of my pension check every month.
Sad thing, to wish that I was old enough for Medicare.:crazy:
Anyway, just thankful that I have insurance and actually get a pension check. Life ain't that good for a lot of others. Well time for some music my friends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and a Happy New Year:):)

Back
Top Bottom