What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Good evening! About to head to the garage and start the clean up of the Technics SL D3 and the Technics SL PD807 I picked up today. The tt has a Pickering XV-15 cart and D140 stylus(which I have no knowledge of either). I plan on putting my Grado Black on first and possibly upgrading the cart with a 8mz stylus. If not that, I’ll try the Ortofon OM10 on it and if I like that better I’ll upgrade that stylus to the OM30.

On another note. For those that have the Axis channel @ 9 eastern tonight they’re playing “Roger Walters the Wall”. Have dvr set so I can catch it later.

1bzevDZ.png

I do not mind the links.
I think of it as someone saying: this is what I am listening too, have a listen if you can.

Like you I try to make a mental note of stuff I see, and then promptly forget to get back to it.
The links allow me to decide to listen right there or not, depending on what I am doing and if I am listening to other stuff.
I have found a LOT of songs and artists that I like this way.

Best thread on AK. IMO
Same here. Same sentiment also.

Ha! Mine is the same way. Kinda beat up but still sounds amazing. There are some LPs that may actually be better that way and the Dolls first seems that way to me. Still cracks me up that Rundgren produced it. From what I read he wasn’t happy about being tapped my the label to do so and was lukewarm at best about the band. Regardless, what a game changing classic punk rock masterpiece!
1516498531454883199095.jpg

I'm in, but also in pretty good condition.
The cover says I bought in May of 1974

If you are in pain, you can smoke dope. It still hurts, but you don't care. I am treating my work-related (on call) stress in a similar manner with music. I know I'm on call, but with this album playing, I don't care. Absolutely Live by The Doors.
rps20180120_190240.jpg rps20180120_190202.jpg
The one great deficiency of The Doors' discography is that they never did a studio version of The Celebration of the Lizard. Not to Touch the Earth gave us a taste, but the whole thing could have been a masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom