What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Congratulations.You ate and drank well, I guess :)

Yes, although my ability to get about was limited, due to having to haul a truck around with me. My choices were limited to places close to available truck parking. I visited most parts of Italy, but spent most of my time in the north. One trip took me almost to the southern tip of the country. I was picking up a full load of tomato sauce (surprise, surprise!)

I'm sure you'll remember the fire in the Mont Blanc tunnel. I went through that tunnel 20 hours before the fire. The next trip took me a day longer to get back into Italy because the French were only allowing a few trucks at a time to enter the Fréjus tunnel. It was total chaos.

Yes, although my ability to get about was limited, due to having to haul a truck around with me. My choices were limited to places close to available truck parking. I visited most parts of Italy, but spent most of my time in the north. One trip took me almost to the southern tip of the country. I was picking up a full load of tomato sauce (surprise, surprise!)

I'm sure you'll remember the fire in the Mont Blanc tunnel. I went through that tunnel 20 hours before the fire. The next trip took me a day longer to get back into Italy because the French were only allowing a few trucks at a time to enter the Fréjus tunnel. It was total chaos.
Did you have your truck with you? What I saw in the picture? But it's huge!

s07na3fy37f6.jpg

f75bao4q81qf.jpg

Bloomfield/Kooper/Stills • Supper Session.........SACD
Good stuff here

Italy is beautiful, I have only been to Naples (saw Mt. Vesuvius) and also went over to Capri via the water ferry. Very nice.

"Down Home"
Chet Atkins
RCA Victor - Living Stereo
LSP-2450

On a few of the tracks Chester is backed up by what sounds like Boots Randolph (sax) and some of his co-horts, commonly referred to by Homer and Jethro as the "Carroll County Car-strippers." But as you can imagine, they are strictly playing the arrangement while backing up Atkins. :)

Did you have your truck with you? What I saw in the picture? But it's huge!

Those I have posted here are all in Canada. I have some photographs of my European ones, but don't know where they are right now. This was back in the day before digital photography. My Russian Zenith SLR used to go everywhere with me.

This:

serveimage-4.jpeg

is what I used to drive, with a 13 metre trailer, but this one was not mine. I grabbed the image from the net.

I don't think I'd like to drive a Canadian truck around Tuscany. The roads are a bit too small.

Those I have posted here are all in Canada. I have some photographs of my European ones, but don't know where they are right now. This was back in the day before digital photography. My Russian Zenith SLR used to go everywhere with me.

This:

View attachment 1098208

is what I used to drive, with a 13 metre trailer, but this one was not mine. I grabbed the image from the net.

I don't think I'd like to drive a Canadian truck around Tuscany. The roads are a bit too small.
Nice ride! What was the fuel load on that thing?

Back
Top Bottom