What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The outer looks good. That spray is meant to actually "Cut" itself on the edge. I would tape about a half inch down from the side, Clean surface well. Then you spray over the edge, On propose. 3 coats, The last kind of heavy. Let set for about 30mins

Carefully lift tape, The coated black will come with it. Like thin rubber band. It should cut itself on that edge, Pull down as you go. Or score it first with plastic razor. Then touch up edge as needed. Let completely dry about 4 hrs, Indoors! I've blackout guys car emblems with it, Works well, But there is a process.

Sounds like a plan. The top of the outer platter didn't shine up like the sides so think I am going to need to progressively sand/polish it down to get the look I was shooting for anyways. When I try that I may give it another shot on the Plasti-Dip. There is another member on AK who did this on his AR which turned out fantastic looking, I am basically stealing his idea, lol.

Sounds like a plan. The top of the outer platter didn't shine up like the sides so think I am going to need to progressively sand/polish it down to get the look I was shooting for anyways. When I try that I may give it another shot on the Plasti-Dip. There is another member on AK who did this on his AR which turned out fantastic looking, I am basically stealing his idea, lol.

It would definitely look cool. What are you using for the metal polish! My platter came out as a mirror using "Mothers" Aluminum Mag Wheel polish, With a wool buff pad, On a variable speed polisher set at 1800RPM, just go until the black stops. About 45 mins, Believe it or not! It will be startling.

It would definitely look cool. What are you using for the metal polish! My platter came out as a mirror using "Mothers" Aluminum Mag Wheel polish, With a wool buff pad, On a variable speed polisher set at 1800RPM, just go until the black stops. About 45 mins, Believe it or not! It will be startling.

I just went to Home Despot for supplies and all they had was Brasso metal cleaner/polish. I also am doing it by hand. The guy who did this to his AR said he used about 4 grades of sandpaper getting progressively finer to get his platter to come out with a mirror finish. I was hoping not to have to do that by hand...

Edit: @NeedForSpeed here is how this guys turned out and the look I was hoping for...

IMG_20150810_183600270.jpg

Last edited:
I just went to Home Despot for supplies and all they had was Basso metal cleaner/polish. I also am doing it by hand. The guy who did this to his AR said he used about 4 grades of sandpaper getting progressively finer to get his platter to come out with a mirror finish. I was hoping not to have to do that by hand...

Fuzzy!! I don't know about sandpaper and the aluminum side of you pride and joy, Then hope to get the scratches out by hand. Please, Rethink that. It takes a hellava lot of power, And heavy stick polish to get back to a shine. Try my way first. Safe.

Back in the day I put Discwasher premium sleeves on a bunch of my records. After being in storage for a few years (always in whichever house we were in) I found the sleeves had become brittle and fell apart. Needless to say I wasn't happy. Most of my inners are now MOFI Labs sleeves now.

Yes, the sleeves fell apart, no doubt.
Mofi’s are nice.
I’m mainly using nice heavy acid free paper now because there have been some issues with certain PVC sleeves.

Back
Top Bottom