What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I jumped in with an LG 4K 3D model. It suits me, even though 3D was always destined to fail (again). I have pretty well all of the 3D movies available on BluRay. I did the BestBuy price match thing and paid less than half price. Some gang in Ontario was advertising it for stupid money so I showed BB the ad and they honoured their price match guarantee.
Nice! Only 4K programing I know of is on the Big Ugly Dish. The NASA channel. Is there any on Pay satellite tv?
I'm one of the few who cut the cord. The only thing I pay for is MLB TV( Spring Training games start next weekend)

I jumped in with an LG 4K 3D model. It suits me, even though 3D was always destined to fail (again). I have pretty well all of the 3D movies available on BluRay. I did the BestBuy price match thing and paid less than half price. Some gang in Ontario was advertising it for stupid money so I showed BB the ad and they honoured their price match guarantee.

Hi, Kev. The best presentation of a 3-D BluRay movie I've seen on my older LG was HUGO. The 3-D was astonishing. Unfortunately, most aren't of that quality.

Nice! Only 4K programing I know of is on the Big Ugly Dish. The NASA channel. Is there any on Pay satellite tv?
I'm one of the few who cut the cord. The only thing I pay for is MLB TV( Spring Training games start next weekend)

No idea. I don't think I've ever seen a 4K picture on my screen. It's not hooked up to anything external, but is my display for my HT system. My old lady watches reality crap and I believe I pay for a Netflix account, but I only watch disk based content.

IMG_5038.JPG IMG_5039.JPG

In the immortal words of L.H. Oswald, "I'm just a patsy..." You Akers start talking about Rush and I become a follower. What's a caveman supposed to do? Gotta drink the kool-ade. I apologize If I offended anyone with this post.

S.J.

Addendum: Here's to your avatar KevinJS

Edit: L.H.Oswald... Doh!

Last edited:
Kasey Chambers - Barricades and Brickwalls
220px-Barricades_%26_Brickwalls.jpg

2nd album from Aussie country music singer from 2001

View attachment 1117112 View attachment 1117113

In the immortal words of L.H. Harvey, "I'm just a patsy..." You Akers start talking about Rush and I become a follower. What's a caveman supposed to do? Gotta drink the kool-ade. I apologize If I offended anyone with this post.

S.J.

Addendum: Here's to your avatar KevinJS

DAMN!!! Not offended, but insane with jealousy. My cave NEEDS that clock.

It's kind of hilarious in a way. The powers that be are now considering 8K TV's, and my cable is still broadcasting at 720p.:dunno:
Pretty sad. But boys gotta have new toys! "The powers that be" need a reality check. Can you imagine what cable and satellite tv will want extra to broadcast a higher resolution signal.
Get rid of about 200 channels and they would have plenty of room to carry a HiRez signal:rflmao:
One more comment, the local channels I receive with my homemade antenna(OTA) are mostly 1080
Now Playing -Paul Desmond
IMG_0003.JPG

Back
Top Bottom