What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

In 1968 Mr Gibson had an ERA of 1.12. Amazingly enough he lost 9 games that year(22-9). The CARDS that year had an amoebic offense and I remember Bob saying years later during an interview that Curt Flood would razz him every time the CARDS had a 1-0 lead. Curt would yell to him "OK, Gibby, there's your one run; now go with it."

Yeah, you don't see ERAs like that anymore. Did the Cards really have that bad an offense though? They did win the pennant that year. Or was their pitching what got them there? I'm not up on my statistics with that kind of stuff. I know they had Nelson Briles, and Steve Carlton.that year. And they just came off winning the World Series the year before. They had guys like Cepeda, McCarver, Brock, and as you mentioned, Flood. One of the things I'm glad about in 1967 and 1968 is that Roger Maris got to play on two pennant winning teams his last two years in the majors.

Last edited:
Lou I'll sell you my house in Tracy:).....seriously. Do you remember the cost of houses here? ridiculous! How was Houston?

See I am a transplant....grew up with snow to my butt. Then got stationed at Brunswick, Maine. That was snow over my 2 story roof. Told myself never again. Give me 105° and 100% humidity any day. Of course the locals here think I am nutz!

Bach can be overwhelming. I think the best strategy with him is to watch what other people are listening to and find the piece on YouTube. See if you like it and then go for it, otherwise you could end up with a whole heap of disks that you never play.

View attachment 1123766

I'd start off with:

Brandenburg Concertos - Deutsche Grammophon have a reasonably priced set on 2 CDs: DG 4783384 & 4783385. They are reissues of the Archiv Produktion LPs in the photograph above.
Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV565 (bear in mind that there is another Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV538) and a whole heap in other keys)
Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring - OK, I have a soft spot for this one because I sung it when I was a kid. Serious use of triplets, though, so it makes interesting listening

I love Bach, and have a lot of recordings. I love the Motets, the organ and keyboard works, the cantatas - well let's just say really everything. We'll have to play and talk some Bach in the future!

See I am a transplant....grew up with snow to my butt. Then got stationed at Brunswick, Maine. That was snow over my 2 story roof. Told myself never again. Give me 105° and 100% humidity any day. Of course the locals here think I am nutz!
So you fit right in then?:rflmao:Snow ? I'll pass. Lived in Az for 24 years and now in Ca for 20 years. Time to head back to Az.:)...............On another note I'll bet the fishing is really good near you.

Back
Top Bottom