What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

51eRdK97k2L.jpg

View attachment 1148470
Well my creation is finally up and running!!! Had a buzz in both channels that took me a couple days to figure out... found the cause when I went to turn the lights up on the dimmer in the room, yup. Lights are on a dimmer and on the same circuit as the outlets. You could “dial in” the buzz by turning the lights up and down. Lol
In addition my luxman’s internal phono stage has a hum. Guess I’ll have to live with the art dj for now.
Dire Straits album never sounded so good :banana:

Very nice looking creation! What exactly is it, I can’t place it? Bummer on the hums, but part of this kooky vintage hobby in my experience. Hope you get it sorted soon.

He's around. Just not posting here. He's on the jazz, classical, progressive and reggae threads.To my knowledge nobody here pissed him off or anything, but I miss a lot of pages on the weekends. As many do on this thread he probably got tired of trying to keep up with thirty+ pages a day. There's so much to sift through here that it gets to be more work than it's worth for some to find the actual content.
Speculation of course. Could be he simply forgot that this thread exists.
I've seen pretty much all of the posts and I don't recall anything that would lead to him not being here. I'll reach out and see what I can find out.

My sentiments echo Delmarva's post. Just too much chatter to sort through on a daily basis. I still post here but don't like the 30+ pages of posts a day, much of which is not music related. IMHO YMMV
Well as much as I like to talk, I'm afraid I have to agree with this. Going off on SHORT tangents is never a problem, but of late we have tended to wander a bit more than I feel is prudent. I end up skipping a lot of the talk about other than music/artists/gear. Just my opinion.

Looks well made, Clean soldering, Nice electronics, Nice case. And 68wpc ain't no slouch, Especially from such a small footprint. Nice one:thumbsup:

I ended up listening to it till about 12am this morning. Never got hot at all, sounded great to me. I would recommend one as a back up amp or maybe a desk top amp. I'm considering bringing it to work and maybe the 4401's or find some Minimus 7. They Drive the L26's with no problem at all, plenty of power. Nice clear top end, and nice smooth low end. Sound stage is better than most 80/90's receivers that you see all over CL in the same $$ range. A good quality BT Receiver, and some good bookshelves would really make this thing great for a small room, or an apartment.

My gals brother-in-law is running some M-Audio bookshelves and the Schiit Audio amplifier (not sure what one, but ill ask today) and this Breeze amp sounds better to me. I do like the Schiit audio gear, but I can say the little LM3886 chip amp sounds better. (in my set up/configuration) who knows his amp my speakers may sound good...

Over all a great deal, and if any one has been considering one, i'd say go for it. Quality is better than expected, and for the price you will not find something that sounds better. The real test will be if the amp holds up for the next few years. Even if it does fail, rebuilding of the board can be done rather quickly, so I have a feeling I'm going to get some good use out of it.

Welcome to vinyl burger. Today’s special is locally sourced Illinois live rock n roll. I’m tearing into sides 5-8 today, did 1-4 last night and was reminded of how truly spectacular this recording is. Wilco - Kicking Television 4 LP Boxset, Live at the Vic Theatre in Chicago, 2005.

B17992DE-7FE6-4B91-A267-88ECF0B2DD91.jpeg

Easily one of the best live rock n roll recordings I own. The sound quality is tremendous as is the playing.

F40618C1-2805-4C56-B00B-18F837F1BC0B.jpeg

It also is from that special era with Nels Cline adding his own personal magic to the recording, as he does with everything he touches.

7E9B7B26-BC31-4010-A328-AF47176E3CB6.jpeg

Also since listening to Wilco these days appears as passé as wearing white after Labor Day, I am thinking it would be a great time to pick up a copy on the cheap. This is Wilco at their best IMO.

7004A115-D792-4254-9939-8DF254BC5B74.jpeg

Pairs well with freezer pizza since I am glued to the sweet spot listening to this and don’t feel like cooking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom