What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

For someone as gifted as Van Halen it seems the arena style rock would be a very small format for him to still be doing..in other words I agree with both of you, the career progression seems really stunted considering it's 40 years on. Seems like Roth, Hagar and Cherone had more command of the album styling than VH himself..just my opinion.

Except for his playing of course. Which always make so so songs interesting

One item I've lusted over for years is the Quad 405. I know you can buy a clone for a few bills... it's not the same..

Mmmm, I'd be happy to go with a clone. Two of my mates are currently sourcing Quad 405 clones out of China. I'm rather looking forward to hearing them.

I've been very impressed with some of the clones out of China. My most recent Chinese amp is a JLH 1969 Hood repro which sounds fantastic . Very smooth and open sounding.

Wish I could justify another amp, though I already have 6 amps either set up or stashed around the house (5 in use, one hidden away). Who knows, after hearing the 405 copy I may just have to buy one. ;)

Mmmm, I'd be happy to go with a clone. Two of my mates are currently sourcing Quad 405 clones out of China. I'm rather looking forward to hearing them.

I've been very impressed with some of the clones out of China. My most recent Chinese amp is a JLH 1969 Hood repro which sounds fantastic . Very smooth and open sounding.

Wish I could justify another amp, though I already have 6 amps either set up or stashed around the house (5 in use, one hidden away). Who knows, after hearing the 405 copy I may just have to buy one. ;)

Never can have to many amps...;)

Siamese are a different thing altogether! Never met one i could trust. Linc looks like a lover to me. As a member of the International Society of Cat People, I can just tell.
Yeah, Lou. I learned the hard way with Siamese. I was just a kid and it was probably the first cat I ever met up close.
Linc is a very cool cat. He never does anything fast. We should have named him Zen.

To go with that Zen train of thought I'm listening to Jon Anderson's Olias Of Sunhillow this morning.
This has a very Bhuddist Chant mixed with inter-stellar travel feel to whole album

Jon Anderson ~ Olias Of Sunhillow
001.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Lou. I learned the hard way with Siamese. I was just a kid and it was probably the first cat I ever met up close.
Linc is a very cool cat. He never does anything fast. We should have named him Zen.

To go with that Zen train of thought I'm listening to Jon Anderson's Olias Of Sunhillow this morning.
This has a very Bhuddist Chant mixed with inter-stellar travel feel to whole album

Jon Anderson ~ Olias Of Sunhillow
001.jpg
Nice pick. I own an original pressing. But you probably figured that.

Back
Top Bottom