What are You Streaming and Tell Us About Your Streaming Rig

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by pustelniakr, Feb 27, 2017.

1. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

At the moment, The Jonathan Channel via Amazon Dot through this old Sony HD tabletop radio.

IMG_20170610_105746.jpg

uofmtiger likes this.
  2. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Super Member

Did not know that Jonathan Schwartz had his own channel. Will have to listen to that when I get a chance.

3. gvl

gvl Active Member

My main streaming franken-rig:

Spotify Premium on vintage ThinkPad T43 W7 laptop over wi-fi to my router > JRiver WDM driver > JRiver DSP (for occasional oversampling) out to WASAPI > generic USB cable > Metrum Musette NOS DAC > Adcom GFP-565 (DarkVoice 336SE in tube buffer duty in the processor loop, mood depending) > Yamaha MX-600u > JBL L100 Centurys

Sounds good to my ears, hoping Spotify will come to their senses and offer lossless streaming at some point in the future.

E.Auer likes this.
  4. sfseay

sfseay Member

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I stream Spotify Premium mostly from Sony HAPZ1 USB out ->Auralic Vega DAC->PS Audio PCA-2+HCPS preamp->Auralic Merak Mono block amps->Wilson Audio Sophia 2 speakers.

Spotify Premium is OK, not Tidal quality though

5. E.Auer

E.Auer Well-Known Member

I agree that SQ from Spotify Premium is "ok" but its good enough and their catalog makes it worth while imho.

Eric

ldatlof likes this.
  6. sjfloat

sjfloat Super Member

Google Music -> Lexicon Alpha -> ( Sennheiser HD280 Pro | Grado SR60 )

Will probably add an old receiver into the chain.

7. wendelltate

wendelltate Member

Wow! What a great thread. I really enjoy seeing what you guys are using in your systems. I am currently streaming two ways. My original method was Tidal HIFI or Spotify Premium via laptop usb---Lampucera DAC--Fisher 400CX-2--Pioneer A88x -- Nola Brio Trio Clones with dual 15" OB subs.

Then I purchased a Chromecast Audio puck and that replaced my laptop. I love the ease of this but I think I like the sound of my original setup better. I will have to A/B them this week.

8. E.Auer

E.Auer Well-Known Member

Apparently I can use my Asus Zenwatch to control Spotify as well. Like a remote for the phone haha.

[​IMG]

Eric