What are your 3 all time favorite movies?

So many movies so many genre's:

Comedy:
~Caddyshack
~Fast Times at Ridgemont High
~Slapshot

Other:
~Saving Private Ryan
~Apocalypto
~Good Fellas

It's impossible to name just three out of all the different genres, however Double Indemnity will certainly be one of them, the other two will vary depending on my mood.

" I killed Dietrichson - me, Walter Neff, insurance salesman, 35 years old, unmarried, no visible scars... until a while ago, that is.
Yes, I killed him. I killed him for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money and I didn't get the woman"

As previously mentioned, selecting only three is a bit difficult, but i'll say :

- Once upon a time in America by Sergio Leone
- M.A.S.H. by Robert Altman
- The Shawshank redemption by Frank Darabont

Too many to pick just 3, but I can easily give the 3 I've watched start to finish the most times: Boondock Saints, Snatch, and The Fifth Element. I've got 'em pretty much memorized, but still enjoy the silliness.

My favorite movie for years has been Dr. Zhivago. I remember seeing it at the University of Arizona Student Union auditorium over the holidays. The theater had been left unheated to save money, I suppose, so most people were wearing coats. At one point during the winter scenes, Omar Sharif went outside for a bit, leaving the door open. I was cold. SHUT THE DAMN DOOR! - my brain was screaming....

I would also bet it is one of the very few movies where most of the female audience members would forgive the main character for cheating on his wife. Neither of these are the reason I love the movie so much, however. It's a story of two good people who fall in love, almost against their will, in a world gone mad. The cinematography is simply wonderful. It plays well today even, I think.

Since this is an audio forum, I'll stick to a music theme (all great, however)...

Almost Famous
The Blues Brothers
Spinal Tap

In that order...

This is a difficult task, "only three" is tough....
1. Casablanca
2. 2001, A Space Oddysey (this one changed Sci-Fi films forever)
3. Caddyshack

Number one without question is definitely Blade Runner. Number two and three? Mmmmmm....Patton, Shawshank Redemption? The Godfather.

That's tough...

Probably Jurassic Park, 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Prestige, but non necessarily in that order.

I think that The Good, The Bad and the Ugly comes in fourth place, almost tied with JP for #3.

First three movie now in my mind are Bird man, The Hobbit, Titanic( always the classic). Different style, un-huh.

Back
Top Bottom