What are your favorite Cantilever materials & Diamond shapes?

Just my opinion but unless your old stylus was damaged or seriously worn I doubt it carved out anything. I still play my records that I purchased as a teen back in the early 70's and they sound great. I took really good care of them, and even though I played them a lot, they still sound really nice. And back then we didn't have RCM's only disc washers, and/or damp cloths.
I have a Disc Washer cleaning system that I bought back in 1980h my first TT and Stanton Cartridge. I'm still using it. Is their something better to clean LP's with. BTW: Thanks for answering my question about playing my old vinyl with the new cart , like I said , I also have taken excellent ( fanatical actually ) care of my LP's.

Don't want to get off subject on this members thread, but must do a search on AK for Record Cleaning, you will find everything from DIY ultra sonic cleaners to formulas for the best cleaning fluids.

I like the Shibata tip and the tri-pole technology that Acutex used , as did Piezo which are basically the same.

Just got an elliptical for a Piezo YM320E i got with no stylus and so far I really like it( it too is a tri-Pole design ) . But my Acutex 312 LPM and older Style Square bodied 3123 STR get the most use, they pushed my Soundsmith EVO III sapphire re-tipoff my SOTA turntable .

Nashou

Don't want to get off subject on this members thread, but must do a search on AK for Record Cleaning, you will find everything from DIY ultra sonic cleaners to formulas for the best cleaning fluids.
Thanks Ken for the suggestion of what to use now days to clean vinyl

My favorite cantilevers are carved by artisans from unicorn horn, with styli cut from diamonds retrieved from meteorites, all installed in a vibranium body.

Knowing most of the cart manufacturers, such a cart would still come with tiny, horrible screws.

Same with a Glanz MC I owned, and the Denon DL-80A, and a few others. Finding the styli is another story.

Yeah, I have Signet MK 66e with a replaceable stylus and broken coil lead. I would love to know what it sounds like.

jon

Back
Top Bottom