What audio brand do you not own that you hope/plan to in the future?

I'd love to try some McIntosh or Accuphase gear. I seem to just stumble into Luxman stuff but I've never had any of the other two.

Harman dbx Venu and a Crown D75 in order to biamp my L200's. Otherwise nothing really planned or even lusted after.

I'd love to try some McIntosh or Accuphase gear. I seem to just stumble into Luxman stuff but I've never had any of the other two.

I own both Mac & Acc amplifiers but no Luxman since mine was stolen a long time ago. We should bring our equipment together for a comparison session some time. Personally I'd like to hear some Harbeth speakers to see how things which look so ordinary can sound so amazing. Can't imagine buying them, though. I prefer the form factor of these Focals too much, and looks matter to me FWIW. I know that's sacrilege to many!

index.php

The biggest temptation IRL is to climb further up the Magnepan ladder. No idea if it'll be worth it, though.

IF I had the space I'd lust for either a PSB Imagine T3s or Focal Kantas. Also a Soundsmith or Kiseki cartridge. Bassocontinuo audio racks.
I think that is it---I am damn happy with my system as it stands and should even be better with the pair of MC75 amps that should arrive later this month or toward mid-April.

I always wanted McIntosh, but went another direction when I finally anteed up. I still like the glass faces and blue meters, and still think they have the best look going. Sound and build quality, as well as their history of supporting product ain't no slouch, either.

A better subwoofer than I currently have. HSU, REL, maybe the Magnepan Bass Panels. Open to suggestions

Velodyne HGS series, the price is right, now, and the performance is outstanding, 2 HGS 12's and all bass should be covered. Very musical subs and will equally handle HT effortlessly if that's your thing.

Audiofreak71

The largest movie theater speakers made and enough power to drive them. Heaven in my eyes. Some guys like pretty, I like enormous!

I think I've reached my goal, my Yamaha AS 2100 integrate amp with 4 klipsh M160 book shelf speakers are sweet at any volume and using headphones. I can honestly say my Yamaha can run with a McIntosh. But years ago I had a fascination with Krell amplifies i never Hurd one, I think they were made in Australia, anyone remember them or have one how do they sound.

Last edited:
I think I've reached my goal, my Yamaha AS 2100 integrate amp with 4 klipsh M160 book shelf speakers are sweet at any volume and using headphones. I can honestly say my Yamaha can run with a McIntosh. But years ago I had a fascination with I Krell amplifies i never Hurd one, I think they were made in Australia, anyone remember them or have one how do they sound.
Krell is made in America or at least older Krells were I cannot account for the new ones. I used to have a Krell 300i and while it was a very good amp it just never paired well with my Paradigm Signature 6 speakers the sound was very forward and way to in your face. To be fair to Krell it was not a bad amp at all but like every piece of gear you have to find the ones that have good synergy with each other.

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
Krell is made in America or at least older Krells were I cannot account for the new ones. I used to have a Krell 300i and while it was a very good amp it just never paired well with my Paradigm Signature 6 speakers the sound was very forward and way to in your face. To be fair to Krell it was not a bad amp at all but like every piece of gear yoh have to find the ones that have good synergy with each other.

Audiofreak71
Thanks, hum maybe it was Crown amps, which ever it was they were made in Australia just can't remember .

Back
Top Bottom