What audio brand do you not own that you hope/plan to in the future?

I am mostly into DIY but I could see.myself enjoyi g some Altec 19s and some classic Western Electric amplifiers. :).

Wow I never stop learning about 'new' stuff here!

97-a-monoblock-set.png

1933372_orig.jpg

$_57.JPG

Wow...each one cooler than the next...

I don't own any brands, but I'd like to own Emotiva. My first order of business would be to order an upgrade for displays that can be seen and read and actually serve a purpose. After that went into production, I'd sell the company, because my job there is done.

Would love to try a tube receiver, an HH Scott or The Fisher. And a Yamaha A-S2100 or McIntosh pre/amp pair would be lovely. And a pair of the Cerwin Vega DX9's.

Now that I've looked into it, I'd really like to build a DIY TT with some higher end parts and a black walnut plinth.
Mmmmm...tung oil...

Pass labs
I’m lucky to have had 2 pieces from them. My current one is the X250 amp. Be patient. Check with Reno HiFi from time to time. Eventually something shows up at a decent price. I bought my amp from them for less than what I see them going for now, and I got a year warranty with it too.

I'd like to try a NEC or MCS reciever or amp Sometimes I see those 110wpc "last of their kind" MCS amps (3872?) and it's tempting, as is the 3260 reciever (it's the right size for my needs, and manages to pull off digital and silver-face well.

Kenwood has such a reputation for good tuners, but the one example I've tried (a Basic T1) wasn't impressive. It's an odd model so I'm willing to forgive and try again.

The largest movie theater speakers made and enough power to drive them. Heaven in my eyes. Some guys like pretty, I like enormous!
Two pair of EV quad four systems and never look back. A serious blast from the past. 4-way active, manifold technology, 4 drivers covering each pass band. You'll need about 10 Kw per side to get their full 140db continuous.

MTH-4 high pack, MTL-4 bass bin

EVCarlsonMT4.jpg

29799bacf6b894de71b0fcc937996582--loudspeaker-turntable.jpg

4 drivers per horn:

c0143750_17503067.jpg

4 horn loaded 10 inch mid bass drivers:

c0143750_17532494.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to try a NEC or MCS reciever or amp Sometimes I see those 110wpc "last of their kind" MCS amps (3872?) and it's tempting, as is the 3260 reciever (it's the right size for my needs, and manages to pull off digital and silver-face well.

Kenwood has such a reputation for good tuners, but the one example I've tried (a Basic T1) wasn't impressive. It's an odd model so I'm willing to forgive and try again.

That T1 is not representative of Kenwoods good tuners. I have one and it's pretty much junk, the crappy KT-45 that came in a crappy rack system I owned in the 90s is actually better than the T1. I too was pretty disappointed with the T1. The L07T I just picked up needs a little love, and it's still an impressive piece of gear.

Currently Adcom. I have owned their pre and power amps, as well as CD changer in the past. Great stuff, and I hope to own them again.

Also, as a die-hard Bose hater, I would love to own a pair of refurbished Bose 10.2 speakers in the future. I know, it is rather scandalous for me to say that. :oops:

Last edited:
Vintage receivers are my thing. I currently own and regularly use a Sansui 2000X, Pioneer SX-880 and most recently a tube Kenwood KW-60. I would like to try late 70's Sansui and Pioneer monsters. As far as another brand I would like to get a nice 70's Marantz and have it restored.

There are names on the list. Magico for one, pre-owned Mcintosh XR 290, for another, maybe Magnepan 3.7, for an All tube 1960's system of Mcintosh, a JBL Paragon with up dated drivers. I'd love to Have a Mcintosh C-22III and a Pair of MC 3500's when I retire my Concert Grands to my Library/Office. But what do I replace them with. Big Tannoy , Custom Altec from Great Plains Audio, DD series 67000 JBL for the front 3 channels. and 3900 surround speakers. It would be cheaper than three S7, two subs, and four S3 for surrounds from Magico and the 7 Mac MC 1.25K amplifiers. How about three columns of M&K S300 stacked 5 high, with 4 more for surrounds and 4 or 8 M&K dual 12 subs in two clusters? How much power would I need? 3 MC 1.25K amps and two MC 462 amps? Oh! I don't do Atmos. What amps should I plan to use with the 3.7 Magnepans? MC 611. I guess I need to buy a winning lottery ticket. I am not going to buy two of those $250,000 amps introduced in Munich at the High End show. That reminds Clear-Audio, SME and that Italian TT company. Bergmann is another name. Some new Stax, my lambdas are getting on! Some new Dynavectors. I'm going to order my new iMac soon, I wish it could be the Pro version. I'd love to trade all my old Hasselblads for digital models. I'm happy with my Digital Nikons and Questar.

Trade my MDX for the Ferrari suv crossover, NAH, that is to ridiculous, but maybe a Maserati??? It uses a Ferrari engine.

I know, up date my 42' CC Intrigue with a 45' Marathon XL III prevost.

Last edited:
Love my 70's gear but its time to breakdown and buy my first Thoren's table (want to understand the love).

Speakers to upgrade to Klipschorn or some LaScala II (heard both and even had a demo with some with my gear). Both of these can handle the big boy Akai!!Klipschorn-Right-Walnut.jpgLa-Scala-Right-Walnut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom