What Audio-Technica stylus is this? ATN12?

muovimies

Took a punt on this NOS, probably a mistake :) I was hoping it was some kind of ATN12 with possibly a shibata stylus, but the stone seems rather crude for that, it's bonded on a fairly large round shank. Cantilever is a straight tube.I don't have enough magnification available to have any sort of idea of the cut.

On the 2nd picture you can see the underside of the cantilevel has a blue stripe on it, which I always assumed to mean shibata/line contact stylus on AT cantilever, because my ATN14Sa, 15Sa and 20SLa styli have it as well. But I can't believe AT would have made a shibata stylus which looks this crude.

Digging up I found something similar here: https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51848

Mine was packaged by GAMMA Switzerland and marked replacement for "ATN AT13" but that's clearly wrong. To me it looks like some lower quality cantilever assembly on a ATN12Sa carrier, but I'm not too familiar with these styli. By the looks of it the plug seems identical to ATN14, so doing some plastic surgery on the rest, I think it would fit.

The good thing is I didn't pay much for it.

SojDezr.jpg

atNGOTI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom