What Beverage and Music are you enjoying this Summer???

Bonnie Raitt concert last Thursday in Tilburg, Netherlands. Surprised her voice is still as good as it ever was. Great performer, great band, great show. Outside it was 38 degrees C, so plenty of Heineken beers needed to stay cool.
2018-07-26 22.35.52.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see everyone is keeping liquidated along with pleasantries filling the ears. Listing to a British Blues compilation this morning that I made on 10.5” two track tape wile enjoying a capachino with Peet’s coffee made in a Bialetti.

Last night, the selection featured a Mexican Martini made with Dulce Vida Blanco, and episodes of Fringe. This morning, I'm drinking black Ruta Maya coffee and listening to D.J. Mark Farina.

As I cannot easily obtain Folle Blanc anymore, I found Viognier by J winery. When the Daughter sold the winery, Vionier disappeared. Eventually I found Porter Creeks Viognier to be my choice. The problem is its getting to hot in West Texas in the late Spring, Summer and early fall. Recently I found a French Viognier by Triennes that I'm enjoying now. But once the temps drop I will have Porter Creek send me a couple of cases for 2019. Folle Blanc was a favorite of the Louis Martini Family with very limited production. When the daughter took over they concentrated on Cabernet they quit producing all their other varieties. Folle is very light dry wine with a supper clean finish. But must be enjoyed as soon as possible. Viogneir . Is similar to Pinot Gris, but is fruitier, with a more complex rendering. It can be a little acidic if not properly produced, bottled, and stored. It has a longer shelf life, but not much more than 6 months. Porter Creek is by far the best at equaling or even surpassing J's offering in the past of the 30 or so brands I have tried. What was great with Folle was you could enjoy it with any fish dish and it wouldn't cover the delicacies of the different fish. Where Pinot Gris and Viognier you have to be more selective. Fume blanc is even heavier and to colored in my opinion for delicate fish. All these wines are best enjoyed served chilled. All the wines mentioned are from either Sonoma or Napa counties, CA. Excluding the French wine. There was an AKA Viognier bottled in California sold by a winery in Fredericksburg, Texas, but its no longer available and their selection grown in Texas I would not recommend.

If my beer drinking buddies were around we would be downing Colorado Cool aid. Better know as Coors Banquet Beer. As I worked in Mexico in the 70's and 80's I love Mexican beer. For the Bourbon lovers, Woodford reserve, and for Scotch, Glenlivet
single Malt. I also like a really good Tequila.

Water is nice, too. So is Coca COLA, but with a little Old Wellar. I drink my Whole Milk Straight. I like to finish a heavy meal with a B&B.

Last edited:
Iced Tea or Hard Iced Tea depending what time it is and, right now, some Pink Floyd.

icedtea.jpg

R-1182028-1198939685.jpeg.jpg

Went out to trim some bushes in the front yard. Woke up a yellow jackets nest and got stung twice. Decided to come back inside and cracked open an extra cold Corona, stuffed a lime slice down the neck and drank it in a couple of slurps. Was so refreshing, I did another and now on my third. Screw yard work! I’m going to listen to some Hall and Oates.

Yellow jackets seem especially bad for us this year. Several stores in my area are sold out of traps...first time that's happened.

Enjoying an East Side by the fish pond, listening to an Alex De Grassi Spotify radio station over the patio speakers.

20180730_181728.jpg

What is an East Side you might ask? It's a super-secret family recipe that contains cucumber, mint, lime juice, simple syrup, and gin. I sure hope I don't accidentally take a picture of it and upload the photo...I can be pretty clumsy sometimes!

20180730_181909.jpg
oops!

Last edited:
At the moment? Duane Eddy: Twangy Guitar, Silky Strings. A thrift find from a couple weeks ago, turned out to be NM quality. Drink: ice water. Sometimes with lemon juice, lime juice and a bit of sugar added.

Back
Top Bottom