What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have both a Yamaha CR 2020 and a Pioneer SX 1010 both being worked on at the moment but thinking the Yamaha will be my main system.

Although my pioneer SX-980 is "officially" my main receiver. I seem to put more mileage on my Nikko 9095 any chance I can get. The beast never lets me down!

attachment.php

Right now using a Mac MX-115 and the Carver TFM-75. :thmbsp:

Let's bump this poll, as Monday is the closing date.

Where are all the Yamaha guys????? And Kenwood? Get crackin' fellas!

Get crackin' indeed!

Especially you lazy Kenwood guys. Back in the day Kenwood outsold Marantz by a wide margin, maybe 3 to 1 and Yamaha by 5 to 1. Where did all that gear go? No one's listening to it anymore?

VOTE!!

My main receiver is that "other" all American made and built ... HeathKit.

My 2nd system is another American brand, HH Scott. Unfortunately, it was made in Taiwan.

Regards,
Jerry

I currently have four receivers, all Yamaha's: CR-1020, CR-820, CR-620, RX-460.

I had a couple Kenwoods, back in the day. :D

Mac rules! Ha ha! :banana: (5 votes could turn the tables at this point :sigh: )

Before McIntosh, I had a Yamaha amp/pre/eq setup. Dunno why I had the eq - maybe all the pretty lights :D It sounded just fine without it.

Just by the classification, I'd have wagered other would win since companies like SAE, Accuphase, Soundcraftsman, EICO, Dynaco, Crown, Leak, NAD, Adcom, Audio Research, etc. were not listed and in totality I'd have thought would beat the others. Admittedly, I am surprised at Mc being in the lead since it has the smallest production annually than the other companies listed. While informal I think it speaks alot for Mc and the perception many have vs the reality.

I once had a Marantz 1060 intergrated amp. Had a nice walnut cabinet and great sound with about 60wpc. I wish I had it today!
Nowdays I have Yamaha equipment because people sell them at yardsales fairly cheap and the souond is just fine. At the prices I can afford, I just take what I can get and I'm happy about it.

Rick

I sold my Marantz and now have an "Other" and a Pioneer waiting in the wings.

Check back in a month and it'll have changed again.

I should have said HK - it's my HT rig and I won't change it until it explodes.

I have 3 Yamaha systems: AX 550, RX-550, and an M-50/C-50 amp/pre. None of them work right, though. They were great in their heyday! Just GREAT!

So.....THREE VOTES for Yamaha!!!

I alternate between 2 x SANSUI AU-555a's, AU-4900, AU-101. Cans someone explain to me the terms "Pioneer", "McIntosh", "Marantz" are they models of Sansui I have never heard of?

CF

Back
Top Bottom