What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pioneer SX-1050 . Internally restored by D 'n A Audio in Kitchener Ontario. Image is as found. Just a little dusting and its a 10 to look at.

Attachments

• DSC01019.JPG
    DSC01019.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 13
Pioneer SX-1250 (Restored by an adept AK member)
I want my pioneer SX1980 restored by an adept AK member! Who is he?
And my concept 16.5 restored by an adept AK member.
Then maybe I'll discover that the 16.5 really doesn't sound better than the sx1980
My Fav is the sx1980 but that Concept 16.5 is a beast in its own world.

Belles
fd2aa93d76dcfeabaabf88eb455aceeb (2).jpg

"Other - don't whine if you have to click this option"

Don't "have to" click any option so I didn't, and why would I whine about having such a great "other" lol?

Last edited:
For the last 27 years it's been nothing but affordable Marantz's.. for reasons of familiarity and availability as well as economics. 2230, 2245 and 2220B all sold (unfortunately) or traded in. 2215B, 2010 and 2235B at present with the Advent 300 and HK 330c in the wings. One day I will expand my horizons..

Living room - Denon; Bedroom - Denon; Loft - Sony; Garage - Yamaha; Train Room - Marantz 2275 (my first piece of stereo equipment).

My main is a Brit "Quad 405," coupled with a pre-amp "33".

Cosmetically looks of military grade, but hasn't skipped a beat in decades.

It melds well with the tri-Warfedale set up.

All English, m'8s!

Q

I have many to choose from so I rotate them in and out of the living room vintage system. Currently I'm using a Pioneer sx-3900. Before the Pioneer I was using my Yamaha cr-2040. Before that a Sansui G8700db. Before that a Yamaha cr-3020. I'd say that I keep coming back to the Yamaha's. I like the sound and looks.

Seems I'm 14 years too late for this poll.
Anyway I was a Technics guy till I got a Yamaha that blew it away, and then I was a Yamaha guy Until I found this forum and read about someone really liking a Nikko NR 719 so I looked and found one cheap and DeOxed it (twice) now I'm a Nikko guy all the way.

My "signature" lists all the chassis I currently own and that are in "service". Main brand? Maybe NAD. I respect the NAD designs+sound but the implementation (manufacturing) is piss poor quality, I guess this is why the initial costs were much less than the competition at the time.

I have a rolling wire cart with all of the chassis on shelves.
I built a switch box to select the amp and to select the speakers, fairly manual but I'm not patching wires just throwing switches.

Marantz 2240 as daily driver and NAD in soon to be office 7240PE (deoxit performed recently, sounds great.)

Back
Top Bottom