What breed of cat do you have

What breed of cat do you have?

• Total voters
Feral. She lives under my back deck. On to the third generation, dating back to 1999. They want nothing to do with us, but tolerate us when we put tuna out for them in the dead of winter. We don't often see the mother/daughter together often, only once this year. We seem to be the winter grounds for them as they migrate in summer to other hunting grounds on the street. Like clockwork they show back up in fall.

Grey tabby shorthair. A rescue cat, she took a lot of effort to domesticate. Chose a shorthair after her predecessor was a longhair, and wanted more manageable fur. But despite being a shorthair sheds more fur than expected.

All other cats have been rescued, so no particular brand. Except a Russian Blue rescue I had, he was a wonderful cat.

We have feral barn cats that just kinda appeared. We live out in the country.
My dogs do not bother them, and they hang out in the yard together.
I keep cat food and milk out for them. As far as breed, They seem to be a mix of
a little of everything. Since they've took up residence, I have not had
any field mice make their way inside the house, which used to be
a problem. and it is not unusual to find the occasional dead mole
or small snake laying on the doorstep as a gift. So I like them
hanging around the house and barns. They keep the rodents in check.
They wont let me get more than a few feet from them or they run. Lol

We have 2 Tortoiseshell girls and a DSH boy.
This is Molly. she showed up one cold winter morning 8 years ago.
my wife gave her some food and within 2 days she moved in.
Molly.JPG

This is Holly. we got her about 6 months later from our local
shelter for a playmate for Molly. she didn't want a playmate.
she would like to be a only child...LOL
Holly.JPG

This is Peanut. I rescued him from a abusive home.
the 2 girls tolerate him , but they wouldn't miss him if
he disappeared . he is a little nut though.
Peanut.JPG

This is our little stray male that has been coming
around about a year and a half now.
Blackie.JPG

I had 6 less than a year and a half ago.
Lost a domestic long hair (I think)
Then am oriental short hair
Finally on super bowl Sunday a Persian.
Still left
Another Persian
A Himalayan
And a short hair domestic

Attachments

• 20190504_205016.jpg
    20190504_205016.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190317_162313.jpg
    20190317_162313.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
LOML volunteered at the local shelter one time and brought home a handfull of black fur. Eyes weren't open yet so we bottle fed the kitten while it grew and developed a personality.

We named him "Rocky" from the way he went after the bottle like Stallone went after the "fast bag".

And he grew.

And he grew.

Now he's three feet long and quite a cat.

LOML volunteered at the local shelter one time and brought home a handfull of black fur. Eyes weren't open yet so we bottle fed the kitten while it grew and developed a personality.

We named him "Rocky" from the way he went after the bottle like Stallone went after the "fast bag".

And he grew.

And he grew.

:needpics:

And he grew.

And he grew.

upload_2019-6-23_10-16-0.png

tried to resize it three times but this is what I keep getting.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-23_10-19-58.png
    upload_2019-6-23_10-19-58.png
    522.7 KB · Views: 23
  • upload_2019-6-23_10-21-2.png
    upload_2019-6-23_10-21-2.png
    522.7 KB · Views: 20
I selected Maine Coon because I'm pretty sure my one cat, Snoopy, is at least part Maine Coon- maybe even half. Other than that, he's a tuxedo cat. When we first got him, he was about four or five months old. He came from a shelter. He was a shorthair cat for about two years and then turned into a longhair cat. People have told me that's how it is with Maine Coons. The only thing is, for that breed, he'd be considered on the smaller side- maybe 12 or 13 pounds. He could be described as a black cat with white paws, but he's not really black- his coat tends to turn "blonde" in the summer- not like Christine McVie or Bonnie Tyler, just a shade of brown that shines in the sun, yet is still invisible in the dark.
Snoopy2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom