What camera(s) do you own?

UPDATE: Digital
Canon EOS 60D
Canon A4000
Sony DSC-HX300

Film:
Canon Photura
Pentax ME-Super

Still looking for a good film rangefinder.

Last edited:
Sold the 60D, which was getting a bit too long in the tooth and bought a very nice NEX-6 with 16-50 and 55-210 kit lenses. I also bought a Sigma 30mm f2.8 ART lens for it, and it's so quiet I was not sure that it was actually focusing. Man, you can't hear it. It has floating elements that focus via EMF, I guess. Sounds whack but works great and SO SO sharp.

My new primary camera is a Pentax K-1 full frame DSLR. Also use a full spectrum converted Nikon D70s for my infrared work. Film wise I have a Canon EOS 620 I bought in College and a restored Canon AE-1 Program I'm currently running test film through.

i shoot sony...have a cannon eos...a kodak from the 50's..contax rts...and more...when my dad died I inherited them

Sold the 60D, which was getting a bit too long in the tooth

That makes me feel pretty far behind. I shot our Christmas party with an original 5D, largely using a 50mm f2.5 macro lens and a 70-200 f4 non-IS lens.

:p

That makes me feel pretty far behind. I shot our Christmas party with an original 5D, largely using a 50mm f2.5 macro lens and a 70-200 f4 non-IS lens.

:p
Don't knock the old 5D, it's a fantastic camera and 12 megapixels is more than adequate.

I hear ya. I shoot more Nikon than Canon but in crunch time, I feel more at home with the 5D and an umbrella.

have alot of cannon lenses and one manual nikor lense....posted in the barter town not audio section

Picked up a refurbished Olympus TG-4 on Olympus store site. All my cameras are refurbs, which generally means they were rep demo units, like new, at substantial discounts. I'm frugal, lol.

It's a nice little pocketable camera, fully waterproof, capable of RAW captures. Was handy last week, at a Christmas luncheon. Only way to capture everyone sitting at the table involved shooting right at a big window behind the table. Everyone tried with their iPhones, which resulted in dark faces and a nice, bright window. Fill flash on the Tough resulted in nicely balanced photos, with more than acceptable resolution for sharing.

I leave it in the car, charging off a USB adapter, so I'm always ready to capture what the cellphone can't.

Any one considering the leica sofort instant film camera?i do like or would think about the next up compact digital leica c.

Last edited:
Carl, save your money and get a D610.

Just saw this. I'm ordering a D500 today. I have no use for a full frame camera because I shoot a lot of sports and need the reach of the DX format.
I also like the 10 fps capability and the extended ISO.
B&H is offering the D500 with a $200 rebate and free battery grip, 64G SD card and a backpack. All for $1800 ($2,500 value). The offer ends at midnight today.

I ordered a D500 on New Years Eve. Great deal as in the above post. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday. :banana:

I hope I'm comfortable using it Thursday night. I think it's close enough to my D300 that it will be easy to get used to. I have two high school basketball games to shoot Thursday and again on Friday. I'll bring my D300 along just in case. I would have liked it for the wrestling dual meet I'm shooting on Wednesday night. I use a flash for wrestling because when the wrestlers are down on the mat, there are too many shadows on their faces to get good results without. The school turns off all of the gym lights except for 4 incandescent spot lights over the mat. I'm thinking the D500 will enable me to shoot without flash because of it's extended ISO capability.

I used my new D500 today for the first time to shoot a high school basketball game. It arrived yesterday. Holy shit. I'm amazed how much faster the autofocus is on this thing than my D300. The photo below was shot from about 90 feet away at aperture priority f/2.8, shutter speed 1/500 second, ISO 5000, with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens.

CAS_0131_mcd basketball_R.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing with this Fuji X-30 lately. It's pretty nice for a compact. Feels nice, larger sensor than a 1/1.7" but not as big ad a Micro 4/3. Point and shoot type shots look great but the screen before the shot looks pretty bad and I don't rnjoy the EVF much.

Back
Top Bottom