What camera(s) do you own?

I primarily use an Olympus C-3040 (3.3 MP). It has an incredible lens (1: 1.8 - 2.6) and takes great pics even in low light. I'm always amazed at how much better it takes pics than my Nikon N70 SLR. The only thing I use the Nikon for is wildlife pics that need a decent zoom lens. I bought a $400 Sigma macro lens for my Nikon to take reptile/amphibian pics. I can't wait until Nikon comes out with an *affordable* digital SLR so I can use that macro regularly again. I've grown to hate film....it feels so restrictive nowadays.

Canon EOS 1D II and a Powershot G5
in the past I've owned:
Sony F707, Canon EOS 10D, Kodak DC290 and Kodak DC210

hey all i have a nikon f50 silver body that seems to be more rare then the black n50, it takes great pictures but i dont have a scanner to show them to you guys.

Olympus OM-1
Olympus OM-2
Have yet to decide on one for the digital format. The only thing I know at this point as I do want one where you have the ability to change the lenses.

Ah cameras, my first obsession er hobby!

Pentax Digital SLR with a few lenses
Canon Rebel 2000 (the Mrs.)
Ricoh Diacard TLR
Several old Polaroids
An old Calumet 4x5

I hope to build an 11x14 at some point when my kids are grown. You can see some of my images at:

http://www.pbase.com/rivchap

Digital: 1. Sony Cybershot P52. It's a very fast shooting 3.2 MP camera with an excellent zoom lens. Shutter lag is nearly zero which makes this useful for shooting boat races (my passion).
2. HP 320. This is a 2.1 MP fixed focal length cheapie but it takes very excellent pictures for what it is. Gave this to the wife when I bought the Sony.
3. Samsung S600 - pocketable 6MP with a nice zoom lens with a real macro (down to 5CM) capable lens.

Film: 1. Pentax K1000 2. Yashica T4 (a fantastic camera!) and 3. Nikon LiteTouch

Soon a DSLR will find a home here. Haven't decided which yet.

I love my Nikon F3. I took a risk at a BIN auction at ebay a year ago, for $350 I got myself a house in nice condition, a Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 and a 75-300mm of decent quality and a hard plastic case. Since then I've acquired a Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8 AIS (wonderful lens, love it!), and the Nikon TOTL flash, sb-11. Here is a identic setup to mine. Looks cool huh? The camera is great, the only limitations are yourself =).

/Erik

I still own a Nikon FM (circa 1981) with lenses and motor drive. A Zenza Bronica 4.5x6cm and a Sinar-C 4x5, both with lenses, magazine, chassis, tripod and accessories... I am thinking of selling everything and moving to digital. Including a Beseler+Componon enlarger, roflmao, remember those?

:yes:

Geez, I feel lame.

All I have is a Nikon CoolPix 995. It's 3.2 megapixel and will take some seriously snazzy images. It's way sensitive to movement though so my Phoenix tripod is in order when I'm trying to take some really slick pictures. I have a wide angle lens and a 2x telephoto. Saving up for a 3x telephoto and a better filter set.

I also have a Nikon CoolPix 885 which is a small little point and shoot deal. It's teh same picture quality as the 995 but it has a smaller aperture to sensor ratio than my 995. So the 995 will take better pictures but if I'm just going to a party or something that doesn't require hardcore photography, the 885 will fit in a pocket. The 995 gets hauled around on a tri-pod at car shows and such. The nice thing is though, I have an adapter for the 885 so it will use the 995's extra lenses and filters.

I also have at my disposal a Canon XL-2 digital camcorder which takes incredible footage. It's way easy to use too. It's my brother's and we used it to film my wedding. My father also has two old Nikon's and a Minolta he got in the early 70's. Not the best offerings from them but they are very nice cameras. He also has a couple of Olympus digital cameras.

mg196 said:
What VINTAGE camera do i own and use? A Canon FTb. Just had it refurbished and it is a beauty!

My first camera was a Canon FT-QL, stop down metering, drooled over an FTB but I was in college and did not have the money then. Great cameras!

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4300 for digital. It works OK, but my manual focus Canon gear is easier to change functions on.
I have a Canon EF with the original microprism center focussing aid that I bought in 1974, and a T90 with the 'E' screen and a plain frosted screen. that I bought in 1990. The plain screen works great on a microscope stage and with small aperture/wide angle/super telephoto lenses.
I'll stick with manual focus for 35mm because I can't duplicate my lens collection for under $15,000 in autofocus. This stuff wasn't cheap, but was at least in the range of eventually owning when it was manual focus.
Canon FD lenses:
15mm f2.8 full frame fisheye
17mm f4 rectilinear
24mm f2.8
35-105mm f2.8-3.5 zoom
50mm f1.4
85mm f1.8
100mm f4 macro with extension tube
200mm f2.8
400mm f4.5
2X 'A' matched teleconverter
Plus, low power forensic microscope with fiber-optic ring light
I just wish there was more time to play with it these days.

All I have is an Olympus E-10, it has been alotta fun, even got several of my pictures used in one of the area banks calendars the past 2 years. My only complaint was this summer with the external flash, external battery pack and wide angle lens, it sure got heavy lugging it around in Germany all day long for 16 days straight.

Kim

I have a Minolta SLR with a 50mm lens,wide angle lens,135mm telephoto lens,
a 100-200 mm zoom with a 2xcoupler that makes it a 200-400mm.
I was really into photography in the 1980s when I lived in Labrador.

A

opt80 said:
I was really into photography in the 1980s when I lived in Labrador.

A

LABRADOR!?!?!?! Dang, Alan- you're really migrating south at a breakneck pace, eh?

:yikes: :lmao:

Well, I owmn 4 photo camera (all with film): 2 automatic (1 "Minolta" and 1 "Ricoh"-Japan) and 2 old stile Soviet cameras "Zorki 4".

Nice Stuff!

I have a Leica R7 SLR with 50mm, 28mm and 135mm Leica lenses as my main film camera. A wonderful piece. Would love to try their M series, but I have no complaints.

I also have a newer Panasonic Lumix DMC-1, same as the Leica Digilux 2, (costs MUCH less). A fantastic little camera, 5 Mp with all manual operation if you choose. It also has an amazing lens, 28-90mm, (equivilent) f 2.0 - 2.4. So far, I love everything about this little guy. Well, I think the macro could be a little better. But many features and a great lens!!

I also have an old Zorki and a few other vintage cameras. Need to get film in the Zorki and see what it can do!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom