What camera(s) do you own?

one1speed said:
Filmboy

So, Argus? Pretty cool, I used a C44, (I think that's what mine is, 35mm) through art school. Nice solid cameras. I'm a bit into Leica now, but like the manual Nikon stuff as well.

Use the Argus much these days? I haven't touched mine for quite a while.

Oh, to add to my collection, I did manage a Lomo Colorsplash. Looking forward to playing with this one!

Enjoy!
Jeez, it has been a while since I looked at this thread. Sorry. :) I rarely use the C-3, but I pull out the C-44 on occasion. Takes wonderful pictures. As nice as my Nikon anyway. I love to pull it out when I'm in a croud. I have the turret viewfinder and lightmeter attached so it looks like some freak franken-camera and I get the weirdest looks. :lmao:

A little late to this party...

Vintage:

Leica IIIf w/ 21mm (Cosina), 35mm & 50mm (Leitz)
Nikkormat FS with a whole slew of Nikkors via ePrey (my "Nikon Nostalgia" set)
Agfa Super Isolette (great 1960's folder -- 120 film)

Quasi Vintage

Leica M6 w/ 35 & 90mm (camera 1986 or so; lenses from the '70's)

New kid
Panasonic /Leica 3.2 MPixel P&S -- I have seen the future...

Very nice collection! I've always wanted an M system. I have (had) and R system, but I've always felt the M system was the pinnacle.

I have decided to sell my R system to move more heavily into digital. I still feel film is king, but digital is the way right now and will fit my needs quite well. I've picked up an older Nikon F3 with a 1.4/50mm lens and I'm looking to get the Canon 20D to replace the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 (Leica Digilux 2). After a lot of thought and research, it seems the way to go for me at this point. I'm debating on going all digital with my main cameras, as I could squeeze another lens out of things for the F3. Still thinking on this one. Enjoy and wecome to the forum.

That looks like a bad prop in a 50's spy movie. The super-secret-machinegun-camera-lazer-zapper? :D But I likes it a lot. :yes:

Well the thing to the right of the lens (left in the pic) doubles as a geiger counter and the turret thing is for X-ray vision. :lmao:

Which Cameras

2 NIKON F-100's 8 Mil,16 Mil, 17-35 Mil, 35-70, 50 MIL, Mil,85 Mil, 105 MIL,200 Mil, 500 Mil, 1000 MIl

Well, I made the switch to a digital SLR. I'm working on selling off my Leica stuff, etc. Went with the updated Nikon D70s with a 60mm 2.8/macro and the mighty 17-35 2.8. Not sure I'm going to keep the zoom, as it's a bit of a beast. May get a series of primes to replace it.

Just getting to know it and it seems quite capable thus far.

Yeh I bought mine when it first came out. I use it with the super sharp 24-85 afs zoom that I use on my F-5. I also use Nikon's 70-300G lens on the d-70 it's sharp as a tack and extremely light as it gets you the effect of approximately 135-450 mm on the d-70 :banana: !

Last edited:
Well lets see.. We had a digital cam that we got from grump until i put it on the pinball machine.. and mmm it feel and broke.. (so now we need to get a new one) :eek:

Anyways Tim uses a Cannon AE1 and i have a Cannon Elf for 35mm.

For 35mm I have a cheap plastic camera with adjustable aperture (no light meter), fixed everything else, a hand-me-down Nikon FM-10 (bottom-end, but I have 24mm and 50mm primes :)) and a Canonet G-III 17, a Canon rangefinder from the 70s.

For digital, I use a Canon S45, my first digital camera. A decent camera for what it is, a lot of manual control, it shoots RAW and I've learned everything I know on it. But I've been lusting after a D-SLR ever since getting into this game. Maybe in a couple years...

Hey I have 2 Canonet QL 17's too But believe it or not I have an old Yashika
with a coupled rangefinder....no meter, a flash shoe and a 43mm Yashinon F 2.8 lens. It is the sharpest lens Ive ever seen. (43mm is about the field of view of human eyesight) I was told by an old repairman that it has a Carl Zeiss lens...... I lent the Yashica to a (friend ?), a pro who took photos of hot rods with it and was making money, hands over fists. I had to threaten the dude to get it back! I have never seen another one like it.

My mom has an old Canonet rangefinder that I've been trying to work out of her hands. She never uses it and I think it's a really cool old camera. Something I'd love to play around with. Some day soon.

If you're into medium format, I've noticed the Mimaya C330 Pro going to dirt cheap on the Bay. It's an older twin lens reflex that I'm sure takes excellent picts. I'd love to be able to get some b & w film going through one of those. Would be a blast to try out, I'm sure.

Forgot to mention that I also enjoy shooting Polaroid film, and have an old basic camera that uses 600 film.

one1speed, check out the foam inside your mother's camera. If it's rotting, look for self-adhering foam kits online. Kind of like refoaming a speaker. ;)

Finally went Digital

For years I shot with a Contax RTS and a slew of Zeiss Lens. For larger format I have Linhof Technika with all Schnieder Kruz lens'

Those cameras were worth 10's of thousands in their day.

Now I shoot with a Canon D20 and 3 of their "L" lens' the entire system was
less than $4000

The D20 is a mere 8.2 Megapixels

But

I can get better prints in my living room with an Epson printer than I ever got with "Professional Labs" with the film cameras.

Things change

Rickster

Back
Top Bottom