what car do you like more?

Neither one, for me, too, but I guess I'd go w/the Cavalier-Chevy is still a going concern, parts/service are likely to be available for a long time, & you won't get "dinged" as bad on resale value. That being said, I've rarely ever seen one of these that's a few years old that wasn't all "Ratty"-either the people who have are rough on 'em & don't take care, or they're just WAY too cheaply made-Lots of little stuff wrong w/'em...Door handles break, as do the panels, the fabrics they use tend to smell bad in short order-Or everybody who has one lets their dog pee in it. And if you're an XXL sized human, they're difficult to get in/out of...

Really is no meaningful difference between the two. Most important is just to pick the one you like more.

Neither, both aren't made anymore either. But if i had to it'd be the cavalier. or better yet a cruze

Until I learn US quality control has lifted it's game, neither. I'll stick with my Mini Cooper S - that is if I'm not taking the dogs with me then it's the :-

Attachments

• home_touareg_v5.jpg
    home_touareg_v5.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
If I had to go back to a small car, it would most likely be to a Civic or Corolla if possible or post 2001 Kia, Hyundai, Scion, or Ford Focus. I like the Focus well, especially in the Station Wagon. The 2 Focuses at work have been dependable. I like the Mazdas well.

I had a Z24... wouldn't have done it had I of known... I'd take n either, even though I'm a Pontiac guy...

If I had to choose I, guess, the Chevy but, before doing it, I'd hit the dealers to see the price of parts both common such as brakes and less so such as heater and ac parts.

When I was very naive (instead of now just foolish) I went to a Pontiac dealer to look at a new Sunfire. I wanted the manual with whatever 'sport' option (GT maybe) and the dealer had one. He brought it around to the front lot then handed me the keys inside the showroom. I get in, turn the key, and....nothing. OK, I'm new here, and I begin looking for a button or switch to engage the ignition. I'm stumped. Not wanting to look like an idiot but realizing they are starting to wonder why I haven't left yet I finally ask for help. The salesman just smiles with a "let me do it" look....and the car is absolutely dead. I said no thanks (while stifling a grin myself) and walked out.

When I was very naive (instead of now just foolish) I went to a Pontiac dealer to look at a new Sunfire. I wanted the manual with whatever 'sport' option (GT maybe) and the dealer had one. He brought it around to the front lot then handed me the keys inside the showroom. I get in, turn the key, and....nothing. OK, I'm new here, and I begin looking for a button or switch to engage the ignition. I'm stumped. Not wanting to look like an idiot but realizing they are starting to wonder why I haven't left yet I finally ask for help. The salesman just smiles with a "let me do it" look....and the car is absolutely dead. I said no thanks (while stifling a grin myself) and walked out.

...And Generous Motors wonders WHY they went Toes-Up...

I will never buy a foreign car after again after my civic, my pontiac sunfire makes me very happy, and it has alot of pick up and go. as long as you take car fo a car it will last a very long time, now on the other hand if you neglect it it will not last very long.

No care will last a long time if it is not maintained. Sadly, in N.A., it seems to be a lost fact with Joe Consumer. My Volvo averages about $1,500 per year in maintenance inclusive of tires, tuneups, oil changes, etc. When I had my Jag, the price was about the same. Maybe not cheap but well within reason IMHO considering the comfort and build of the car. A neighbor had a Sunfire and for some reason it had continuing fuel injector issues at about $100 per injector and he was replacing them it seemed yeaarly plus he was going through brakes and exhaust like M&Ms. Not sure if he had Monday/Friday car or not. My old Chevy Caprice with V-8 small block frorm the mid '80s was a trouble free car after fixing what a car replace screwed up right after getting it. If I were to look for another US car it would be the old Caprice or the big Town Car, both seem to be bullet proof and repair parts not out of sight. While neither has the handling of my Volvo, they are so comfortable cruisers, the loss of handling is compensated for.

Back
Top Bottom