What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Ortofon MC25FL on a Jelco 370, my new go-to. The PTG is taking a break.
y4m1E_9_ldHkcllaITKezUr2MQ3UJ_Pp0fohadmtGjEFBar4hKthfB27kp-pKWG508_7CSVgBnKpErGdhn9AcO_XXf8yhMQZJltzJws8vhR363fv11iltRyLCB3zRBIiwi3dhsbFysTE80j5-eOqiDJyPjJAfANEqPM6aidE5ViJyJTzypH9jlE25JiLDNSAWRRLLRdywrB7o1CinFT99AZkA

Audio Technica on a Fidelity Research FR-14 arm and Fidelity Research FR-7 on a Fidelity Research FR-64S arm on my S.A.M Aldebaran turntable.

Philips GP922 on a Fidelity Research FR-54 arm on my JVC TT-71 table.
What happened to the Hana carts you had?

What happened to the Hana carts you had?

I still have the Hana EL though no longer in rotation. The Audio Technica ART9, Fidelity Research FR-7 and Phillips GP922 are all far superior carts and I've even a few others that beat it silly (Accuphase AC-2, Klipsch MCZ-7, Fidelity Research FR-1 Mk3F etc).

While the Hana EL is a nice cart, there are many that can considerably outperform it. Particularly in terms of dynamics and detail.

I still have the Hana EL though no longer in rotation. The Audio Technica ART9, Fidelity Research FR-7 and Phillips GP922 are all far superior carts and I've even a few others that beat it silly (Accuphase AC-2, Klipsch MCZ-7, Fidelity Research FR-1 Mk3F etc).

While the Hana EL is a nice cart, there are many that can considerably outperform it. Particularly in terms of dynamics and detail.

All good to know so thanks for trying it out for me so I can save my money LOL:p

Can you try this one now?:)

REGA - Ania MC Phono Cartridge
Phono Cartridges
Price $795.00

rega-ania-2-g.jpg

Kiseki Purpleheart NS. (re-release) Also own Rega Apheta 2 (ref avatar) and Dynavector 17D3. I heartily recommend either of these, however, both must bow down before the Purpleheart. But then the Reed 3P I imagine is a factor as well.

kiseki.JPG
DP80_1.JPG

All good to know so thanks for trying it out for me so I can save my money LOL:p

Can you try this one now?:)

REGA - Ania MC Phono Cartridge
Phono Cartridges
Price $795.00

View attachment 1333820

Haha, I'm done buying cartridges. If you ever come across a Phillips GP922 then snap it up. Probably the best cart I've ever come across. It scales with your system. The more revealing your system the better it sounds. It even puts the ART9 to shame. ;)

I've a second GP922 which I'll send off for a ruby cantilever and FGS tip at some point. :)

Back
Top Bottom