What CD Player Do You Use?

I'm using a Marantz SA-8005. I was using an Emotiva ERC-3 for the past year and a half. Before that a Technics SL-P3 that I bought in 1985; that thing last many years and many military moves, but finally gave out.

I came into quite a few SACD's, so I decided to try a few units out. I tried the Oppo 105D, a Marantz SA-14S1 and SA-8005; I ended up keeping the SA-8005. The Oppo was too bright in my system and although I thought the SA-14S1 was a better than the SA-8005, I really didn't think it was $1300 better; to me anyway.

Making use of 2 Denon CD Players. A DVM-3700 DVD 5 Disc and a CDR- W1500. Both sound incredible!

Opus

Using a Sony RCD-W500C for about a year now. Play deck is a 5 disc front load elevator. Record deck is single deck. Less than a steak dinner...sounds and works excellent.

I have a Pioneer Elite DV-45A universal disc player that I use only for audio discs in my main system.

Main system: Denon DVD-1910 as a transport, using the internal DAC of a Luxman A-007 amp.

Shop system: Yamaha CDC-575 as a transport, using the internal DAC of a Yamaha RX-V361.

I currently have the following CD decks:

Denon DCD-1420

Harmon-Kardon HD7600 (circa 1990, one of the first "bitstream" players)

Pioneer PDR - W739 player/recorder (has good internals....Burr-Brown 24-bit 96 kHz PCM 1716 D/A converter creates superb copies)

I've got my old philips cd 371 out of storage for a run. It still makes a nice sound and still never misses a beet.
image.jpg
One of the inside
image.jpg
And my Arcam cd73
image.jpg

Just scored a JVC XL-MC100 CD player on a local used for sale site for $40. It is in real good shape considering its age (see link below). Previous owner passed away and daughter was selling two of them off. I hummed and hawed for a while before getting the last remaining one. You could tell the father kept real good care of his stuff. Apparently these things retailed for $1200 back in the day. A very solid changer unit with a lightweight control unit capable of stowing 100 discs in separate trays. Played with it the past two nights and am mildly impressed - definitely got my money's worth but not sure it is worth too much more given the dated technology it employs for disc handling. Very impressed with the sound quality. Will likely do a quicky video review of the thing after I play with it for a while more and post on the Tube - so far I am liking the convenience of it and not having to peel open a jewel case every time I want to change a disc on my player.....

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jvc/xl-mc100.shtml

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom