What CD Player Do You Use?

Astion Trew AT3500+ . I love its sound, the most natural I've heard in a CDP in its price range (below 2 K US $). It's got a ECC88 tube in it.

at3500_front.jpg

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/at3500_e.html
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/astintrew/3500.html

Reactions: DC
On my main system a NAD C542 bought in 2007
On my computer [solid state] system the "external" super drive for my 2014 iMac

EAD T-1000 Transport

Had it for many many years and haven't ever felt the need to replace it. It's easy to use and both the unit and remote have all the features I want. Also using the EAD DSP-7000 III dac with it.

I have two Panasonic DMP-BDT220s in the A/V systems and a Sony BDP-500 with an FiiO DAC in the 'good' audio-only system .

I had an early Oppo but like the sound of the Sony DVP S7700 much more - besides, the door is cool. Best $50 I ever spent.

Attachments

• DSC02031.jpg
    DSC02031.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02030.jpg
    DSC02030.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 167
Marantz

I have a maranta dv 8300 said player. I like it but haven't had much experience with $1500 plus cdp's

I have a Marantz VC6001 changer. Playback is excellent but it has a few irritating quirks (like most changers). Finicky tray mechanism, awkward disc loading, etc. Plays SACD and DVD audio and has both digital and analog outputs.

But it was thrown in with an amp purchase so I can't complain too much.

I picked up a JVC XL-R5000 player/recorder. It beat out a Nackamichi and Belgium Magnavox for top spot. The sound quality is impressive.

Yaqin SD32A. For $600, not bad at all and it plays HD CD's of which I have exactly one :D. It came with two cheap as dirt Chinese 6N8P tubes which I have replaced with a pair of matched RCA 6SN7GT's. Definitely a step up from my previous 300CD changer Sony BPC.

YaqinSD32A_zps09079890.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't put as much focus on my CD Players as I do my Turn Tables. I'm not saying that I believe all CD Players are created equal, but I just don't fuss much when it comes to picking one out for each of my systems.

Saying this, my favorite is probably my Sony CDP-110. I purchased it in 1986 or 87 and have been super happy with it ever since. It's a tank, compared to other CD players of the day. I had a Sharp and a few others and they were cheap plastic "BPC" players, but this one is very well built.

I don't use any players with a remote, and I don't use any with "changers" EXCEPT in my Car.

I have heard from other members here that my old Pioneer Laser Disc player from the 90's makes a hellava good CD player, but have not tried it out yet. I will some day as it's just sitting Idle. I don't watch Laser Discs any longer. I've got about 20 of them and have not viewed any of them since about 1998.

A very good CD player from PHILIPS.

PHILIPS%2520931.jpg

I have the 925 and 926 changers from that series. The 925 won't stop spinning, and the 926 won't read a disk. Would like to maybe take the laser out of the 925 and put it into the 926 but not sure if they are compatible, and not sure if I'm skilled enough to do so anyway. That 925 sure sounded great when it worked.

Time to embarrass myself...

The included picture is my JVC XL-FZ700. It's a seven CD changer, which is exactly why I bought it -- it will hold my entire Deftones collection. It was only 40 dollars used, and it sounds surprisingly decent, though nowhere near as good as my turntable.

The DAC in it is a Panasonic, I think? It's surprisingly high quality for such a cheap player. It's not very loud changing discs too, despite having this weird spring-loaded design to accommodate 7 CDs.

Sorry for the ugly picture haha.

Attachments

• C360_2014-11-25-12-02-08-653.jpg
    C360_2014-11-25-12-02-08-653.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom