What CD Player Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by bonaccmj, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Sansui77

Sansui77 Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. cube-tube

cube-tube Super Member

Mine is the Oppo BDP-105D.

Funny thing is, in the past 3 years of owning it, I've only played a handful of Blu-Ray movies in it and absolutely no CD's at all. All of my music is either streamed from my NAS or Tidal, or vinyl spun on my old Technics SL-1700 MK2. My entire CD library was ripped to FLAC onto a huge NAS drive in the other room via JRiver.

[​IMG]

3. Idunno

Idunno www.sx1980.com Subscriber

I've a Pioneer PD-S904 Legato Link Stable Platter hooked up to my SX-1980.
    Kickin'! :rockon:

20180210_002414.jpg

armyslowrdr and Nightwisher like this.
  4. Ds2000

Ds2000 All About every cool stereo component. Subscriber

Onkyo DX-G10 is here.
    84FC55FB-95BA-4344-AA6F-D72C2F0DEA33.jpeg 924FA70B-E9E5-4DC5-B1BA-2A7FB79EB7D2.jpeg 96DFD0A9-C550-4D85-BDF8-145B1E6B6884.jpeg

guiller, Nightwisher and motorstereo like this.
  5. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Yamaha CDS-700.

Single drawer. Opens and closes smooth as silk and like a whisper. Modern (about 4 years old now). Comes with a USB port for other music sources, but I've never used it. Simple, clean design, and low profile. Sound-wise, I have a hard time detecting differences among better CD players, but to my ears, it's excellent; I used to get fatigued listening to CDs on other players I've had but I've not experienced that with my Yammie.

lightcapture and red 111 like this.
  6. MadcatSowega

MadcatSowega New Member

I have been using a vintage NEC player from the late 80's for quite awhile. I'll have to double check when I get home but I believe it is this one:

http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/nec-cd-500e-138.html

It's nothing too special but it reliably plays all the discs I've thrown at it. I also appreciate that it has a fully metal faceplate and buttons from an era when nearly all the CDPs were made with lots of plastic. Eventually, however, I'd like to snag either a higher-end audiophile player or vintage vertical loading one for the attractive visuals.

7. dswann01

dswann01 New Member

I use a Technics SL-P1 that I bought new in 1985 at Long's Electronics in Birmingham, AL. I replaced the disc drive belt last year and the player works and sounds great (at least to me).

IMG_3886(2).JPG

Ds2000 likes this.
  8. 1984_C10

1984_C10 Active Member

Sony DVP-NS900V.
    It recently came to my knowledge that my very player was owned by the acoustic engineer Renato Lira from Audiokit.com.br .
    I use it as a transport for both CD and SACD reproduction. While it already has a really good DAC inside, the DAC on my Denon sounds a tad nicer, so i use it instead of the original one from the player.
    The irony of it all is, these players cost a fortune to buy here in Brazil, but they can be picked up next to nothing in the US, thankfully i didn't have to pay for mine because my friends gave it to me as a birthday gift.
    [​IMG]

Ds2000 likes this.
  9. armyslowrdr

armyslowrdr I don't want one..LOL

TEAC CD-2000 in my hi-fi stack. A Sony 5 disc changer in the home theater, and some cheap (read 29$) department store special in the bedroom near the treadmill and small tube tv.

Ds2000 likes this.
  10. manu et deo

manu et deo I'm loving it! Subscriber

OPPO Dv-980h and a Sony CDP-cx225. OPPO is just recently acquired from BT and is my first "high end" player. Sony was purchased as part of a set 19 years ago as my wife and I first together stereo for our apt. Still rocking it and the cds that were last changed out in it around 2008. Both are only transports as I use a outboard DAC which is currently a Halo P5.