What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

imready

it's good to be the king!
I'm cheap, no if's, and's or but's about it. I like good cigars and usually try and buy them on closeout. Lately, I've been getting some great deals like Macanudo Duke of Devon and Monte Cristo Afrique Machame for just over $1.50 a stick. I haven't had a good Macanudo out of the bunch yet but the Monte Cristo Afrique are damn good after they had a time to set. Now I like mostly mild to medium cigars for the most part but smoke a real variety of sticks. A few of my favorites have been Paratagus Lonsdale, Don Diego petite Corona's and Don Diego Playboy Lonsdale's. For power, it's been the JR Edicion Limitada COHIBA BEHIKE LAGUITO NO. 5. Old fashion cuban cigar flavor with this one and out of stock most of the time. I'm a Hoyo di Monterey and Sancho Panza fan and when the budget gets tight I like Conseugra's and Five Star brand. What prompted me to write this was the purchase of a box of Licenciados Perfecto with the Camaroon wrapper. Camaroon is my favorite wrapper and this cigar has a great one. It has a very smooth Dominican binder and Dominican filler so you taste the Camaroon from beginning to end. Not a complex cigar by any means , flavor is consistant from beginning to end with the camaroom flavor increasing as you go. I've smoked every one of these I've lit from beginning to burn your fingers end in one sitting, I've never done that with any other cigar I've smoked. I picked them up on close out at JR for around $45/box and I've never enjoyed a cigar more. It's really going to suck when I run out so I've been trying to score a deal on some cheap smokes to make them last longer. They've got a really cool shape also, just what evey Perfecto should look like, tapered on both ends. I took one out of the wrapper so I could see the label well enough to spell the brand name properly, guess I'll have to fire it up later! :thmbsp:

I like a Gloria every now and then. Smoked one real Cohiba once, but it was all dried up.

They are very good cigars ! JR has have some great deals on them and for whatever reason I have passed. Every once in a while that will offer an 8 pack of 48 x 6.12 or something like that for around $16 plus $4.50 shipping on their daily auction. You can't beat that cigar for $2/stick! :thmbsp:

My go to is the El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga, but when I want something special, it's something more like a Padron Anniversary 1964 Torpedo.

I like a strong, full-bodied cigar, and usually pair it with a good cup of coffee with brandy on the side (or vice-versa ;) )

Torpedos, Churchills, and Robustos are great if I have a couple hours to enjoy.

Three of my smaller format favorites are Bolivar (Belvederes), H. Upmann (Coronas Major), and Partagas (Coronas Senior).

I like a glass of good whiskey with my smokes but the reading I've done suggests a glass of good rum is the perfect companion for a fine cigar. My wife only drinks Sailor Jerry's, good thing she doesn't mark her bottle.

Just enjoyed a nice cao gold and a Greek frappé with the wife tonight while we watched a storm roll in. Good cigar, good beverage, good wife.

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero: knocks me (happily) on my ass, every time.

Excellent inexpensive smoke? I enjoy Flor de Oliva Petit Torpedos...

When I smoked, I preferred La Gloria Cubana and Montesino (made by the same folks that make Arturo Fuente) maduro's in a robusto or Churchill. For a lighter smoke, I liked Padron cigars in a cafe wrapper.

There are many people that love smoking cigars, i also like cigars. they are good but i mostly prefer glass pipe smoking cause i heard on many places that it is good for health.that's why now i use cigars very rare.

cheers!!

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero:

'Ditto' .... DL-654 for me, next in line CAO La Traviata Maduro...but now that General has bought out that label as well it's only a matter of time before they screw it up just like La Gloria Cubano, Hoyo Excaliber and on and on.

Lou Rothman's El Rey Del Mundo is a real nice every day smoke that is always in my hunidor as well.

A niche brand that I have enjoyed?

"Cusano."

My favorites of theirs are nearly impossible to find (now), though: 1997 Corojo and the 10th anniversary C10.

Back
Top Bottom