What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Awesome thread! I have a treasured ritual that I share with a friend. For 20+ years now we get together on Friday nights to enjoy intelligent conversation, perfect VO Manhattans and excellent cigars. We sit by a bonfire listening to baseball on the radio (his son plays MLB) or by the wood stove in his garage during the winter months with his dogs and enjoy. When we started many years ago, we enjoyed Olive Serie G, Macanudo Portofino and Torano 1914. Slowly we moved toward more full bodied cigars and now our favorite choices include the Oliva Serie V Melanio, JdN Antano, Don Pepin Garcia Blue and most LFD offerings. Whatever strength you enjoy, it is all about quality time and personal freedom to engage in activities that are enjoyed.

Awesome thread! I have a treasured ritual that I share with a friend. For 20+ years now we get together on Friday nights to enjoy intelligent conversation, perfect VO Manhattans and excellent cigars. We sit by a bonfire listening to baseball on the radio (his son plays MLB) or by the wood stove in his garage during the winter months with his dogs and enjoy. When we started many years ago, we enjoyed Olive Serie G, Macanudo Portofino and Torano 1914. Slowly we moved toward more full bodied cigars and now our favorite choices include the Oliva Serie V Melanio, JdN Antano, Don Pepin Garcia Blue and most LFD offerings. Whatever strength you enjoy, it is all about quality time and personal freedom to engage in activities that are enjoyed.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

hi-fi experience tonight for sure :D

DC05663F-42CC-4415-9656-B20F59205EF1_zpsgxmfc2xf.jpg

I smoked one of the newly released Crowned Heads Las Calaveras Coronas tonight. Excellent cigar and I am anxious to see how they develop with a little rest as I just got them yesterday.

Was given a Davidoff 2000 today! Yeah someone just gave it to me....enjoying it in a bit on the back patio...

For Manhattan night Friday, I enjoyed
Oliva Series O Double Toro
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amour Valentino
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic robusto

With baseball on all night (MLB extra innings, audio only through his Pioneer rig) It was a fine night indeed.

Last edited:
Macanudo Hyde Park Cafe with a dram or so of Grand Traverse (Michigan) Distillery Bourbon Whisky - yum

Detroit Tigers (at Minnesota) on the radio, of course

Friday Night Manhattan Lineup
Punch Rare Corojo 10th Anniv
San Cristobal Fabuloso (It was!)

Usually La Gloria Cubana Churchill from the early 90's, or Ashton, Dunhill, Macanudo from the same time period.
Thanksgiving cigar will be a Romeo y Julieta Coronations De Luxe, which is a pre Castro Havana. I was able to purchase quite a few of these at the JR shop in DC, in the early 90's
Music will probably be Elmore James - Fire & Enjoy sessions

Back
Top Bottom