What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Late to the party but some of my favorites include Cuesta rey's dominican #5, Fonseca 858 or 2-2, and Drew Estates Acid Blondie cigars. I love perusing the cigar catalogs like JR or Thompsons...Some of thier deals look very inviting, but I haven't been bold enough to try much of them yet...

Royal Jamaican Gold "Corona". Haven't had one in years but now I have the urge to find one. They had them at a local smoke shop 13 yrs ago at a price of $5.75ea so they may be out of my budget nowadays.

Partagas Serie D No. 4 and Partagas 898 Barnizado

If you're talking about the "Forbidden Fruit" I'll go +1 on the Partagas Serie D No. 4 and add Hoyo's Épicure No. 2 and of course their Double Corona. I also like the Exhibición No. 4 by Romeo y Julieta, the brand that one Winston Churchill favored.

If you're talking about what we the underpriviledged can normally obtain, + 1 on the whole Hemingway line by Fuente, and the Punch Grand Cru line, ring size over 50....:smoke:

I prefer a pequenos maduro or a very dark cigarillo. Brands vary with availability. :D

Been smoking some Macundo Maduros lately that are quite nice with some Brandy to clean the palate :yes:

Lar

Attachments

• Macanudo Maduro+Ascot+10.jpg
    Macanudo Maduro+Ascot+10.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
I havent had a cigar for nearly 2 years but always enjoyed a Monte Cristo #2 brown band on occasion. They are my favorite that I have tried.

My steadies are Punch Rare Corojos, La Gloria Cubana Naturals and Oliva Gs. Been smoking various Nubs lately too.

Wow! Backwoods at $28 per pack. I remember buying these for in the range of $5 16 or so year ago. At the time they were a reasonably good smoker for everyday and traveling from Florida to Canada.

Wisht I'd seen this thread sooner: just ordered some cigars for a friend from JR:

CONSUEGRA-CONSUEGRA PRINCIPALE #73
(CG073)

Any opinions on them?

For you aficionados who can appreciate the complexity of a good cigar, perhaps an excellent drink, and sophisticated tunes.

:smoke:

One of my "special" cigars...

:smoke::lmao::music::smoke::boring:

Apparently. Lol.

My brother has been trying to turn me on to "good" scotch and cigars. I'm afraid I'm not manly enough for such pursuits.

Inquiring minds want to know, what qualities are generally attributed to cigars of worth? Us audio nuts listen for detail, imaging, soundstage, balanced tone, etc from our equipment. What do cigar aficionados search for in a fine smoke?

Last edited:
I don't smoke in the house, but I'm a fan of the Cohiba Siglo line. I also enjoy Partagas series P and D, and for something smaller, H. Upmann Coronas Junior make me quite happy. I enjoy the smaller Montecristos as well.
I wish I could smoke in the house, but the smell lingers too long for me(and my wife). The last time I did that I listened to some Charlie Patton and smoked a nice Cohiba. It was great, but the house stank for a couple of days. I smoke in the garage now(or outside if the weather is nice). A great reason for keeping a decent garage system.:D

I like AVO's very much, wish I had one tonight. Had a couple of Macallan 12 yr old single malts at King's fish House tonight in celebration my daughter's birthday. The grilled local bluefin tuna wasn't bad either. :)

Back
Top Bottom