What concerts do you have on home media??

I just got Metallica @ Woodstock 99!!!!!!!

The tape was listed as a BOOTLEG of that part of the show... It has thier whole show and its 100% analog!! (Its goregous)

Sounds a little bit better than the Woodstock 94 concert I have from PPV . I think this tape was recorded locally at the event..... (It is like watching it on analog cable)

EDIT:

They have some kind of limiter on the audio,makes it sound like crap... Nothing comes out..... I prefer my Woodstock 94 and especially 69 much better!!

Last edited:
Maybe 10 each Japanese VHS tapes of that were 'for sale in Japan only' of 'early': Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Ron Wood, R. Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. Really Good Stuff! Probably can get them used off eBay now if you wanted them! I bought them in Japan @ the time.

Do have USA VHS concert tapes too, had 25 or so but them away away to the GW. Let someone else who has a VHS player enjoy them.

Also bought maybe 8 USA DVDs... Then totally lost interest in Video music all together. Never was into DVD movies. Glad I never got into that.

BUT... kept all the 'for sale in Japan only' VHS tapes. Haven't played them in 25 years.

Maybe I should watch a few! :)

Last edited:
Does the term "home media" as the OP defined it include digital "sound-only" material, e.g., whole concerts, "live" compilations, and the like, in FLAC/APE/WAV audio codec formats?

If the answer to the preceding question is "yes", then I have in my possession approximately four (4) terabytes (TB), or around 4 trillion bytes worth of "live" (audio) material. This translates into a couple thousand (or more) "folders" of "live" material spanning the 1930s (Delta Blues) to 2018 (e.g., several recent Metallica performances)... and, to quote Billy Gibbons, "and all things in between".

I have in video codec format maybe 40-50 concerts, but I rarely "watch" these, preferring to "rip" from htem the audio layer and "just listen" to the performances. I prefer to imagine the action @ stage rather than watch the performance as a televised (or filmed) programme.

^^ took a quick look: my collection of (lossless) digital "live" content is WELL IN EXCESS of a couple thousand performances; my Sabbath, Zappa, Zeppelin, The Who, Neil Young, and Nirvana folders alone number more than 1,000 folders, each of which contains a specific concert, "live" comps (e.g., BBC appearances), selections of "live" numbers by an artist performed over the course of a particular tour, a defined period, or career.

nb: all of the above is the digital portion, and does not include the thousands of audio cassette and/or vinyl boots I've collected since the early 1980s, another 2,000-3,000 titles.

Dozens of concert DVDs and VHS tapes are packed up and stored in my basement. I keep a row of DVDs in my studio for easy access.

Cream Reunion at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005

2 Claptons: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004 and Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007

Teenage Awards Music International Show Collector's Edition- Everybody from The Barbarians to Marvin Gaye.

Supershow- Clapton, Bruce, Colosseum, Roland Kirk, Stephen Stills, Buddy Miles

The crowns of my collection- American Folk-Blues Festival Volumes 1-3 and The Briitish Tours (1963-1966)- Highly recommended if you love the blues.

I just got PHIL COLLINS - LIVE AT PERKINS PALACE on VHS the other day in the mail :)

Excellent concert!!

Back
Top Bottom