What did you do this weekend?

Went the grand daughter piano recital, went out to dinner with them, came home and work on my amp.
Sleep. Just woke up after 14 hours. Worked 16 hours and was greeted to four hour drive home in traffic yesterday. Everybody in a hurry to get home and then they get into an accident.
I HATE Friday's overtime (Not the OT per say just on Friday's.) Working nights eventually catched up to you where you only sleep four hours in the day. I feel human again! Wooohoo.

In the meantime I'll put my Pioneer back together and listen to them! Have to pack a receiver to ship off to get fixed.
You live in LA?? 4 hours driving?!!!

14 hours sleep, I can't say I'm too surprised, that is a really punishing day 16hours work then 4 hours driving. :yikes:

I can remember doing similar times, 4 hour drive - 8 hours work - 4 hours drive, when I got home I was too tired to eat anything and had just enough energy to take my clothes off and hit the bed, I can't remember what time I woke up the following day. However, thankfully that was a rare occurence for me.

Last edited:
San Francisco to Sacramento. Brutal on Fridays.
You live in Sacramento? That's long distance commute!!! I used to live in Daly City commuting to the Silicon Valley for over 20 years. Finally moved to Sunnyvale. Now I retired.

I know people that moved to Sac thinking they can commute to SF. They eventually moved back or had to find a job in Sac. One of my former tenant did. They bought a house in Sac, gave us the notice. We signed contract with new tenant, then they want to change their mind and continue staying. I couldn't do that as I already signed a new least with the new tenant already.

Last edited:
Worked Friday and Saturday. Finally had off Sunday. So, I worked on the SUV for a bit, then watched a movie (Heavy Metal), watched a couple episodes of Utopia, went for a long walk for some exercise, then did some web surfing.

Worked Friday and Saturday. Finally had off Sunday. So, I worked on the SUV for a bit, then watched a movie (Heavy Metal), watched a couple episodes of Utopia, went for a long walk for some exercise, then did some web surfing.

Heavy Metal! Awesome. Have you ever listened to the entire Fire Of Unknown Origin LP by Blue Oyster Cult? The songs, in order, follow the entire movie even though only one was chosen to be included in it.

I finished up the last part of a 18V NiCd battery charging circuit for my dad (he bought a bunch of battery-powered tools at ReStore which did not come with any chargers) and then went to the all-weekend Blob-fest at The Colonial theater in Phoenixville.

IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG

One of my Pioneer SX-626's sold over the weekend and I retrieved my Heathkit/Daystorm AJ-30 tube tuner from storage, so now I've got to box them up for shipping.

NEXT weekend will be full of troubleshooting a newly-restored HK330B, finishing up another Carver C-1 upgrade, and opening up a Kenwood KT-2001 to see what kind of work it needs to be returned to duty.

Heavy Metal! Awesome. Have you ever listened to the entire Fire Of Unknown Origin LP by Blue Oyster Cult? The songs, in order, follow the entire movie even though only one was chosen to be included in it.

Hey dlucy,

No, I've never listened to that LP by BOC. I'll probably look it up on Youtube one of these days, BOC has some great stuff out there.

Ouch! Time to relax for a few days in front of a set of speakers and your favorite music!

I was doing that yesterday when my wife suggested coming into another room to watch a movie. "Animal House". I lasted 10 minutes, laughing hurt too much!

hey all, im always busy on weekends hunting for vintage stereos and speakers,all over the place.Usually within a 50 mile rad. of my house,if a good deal.The obssesion goes on.I just cant pass up a good deal. thank you

hey all, im always busy on weekends hunting for vintage stereos and speakers,all over the place.Usually within a 50 mile rad. of my house,if a good deal.The obssesion goes on.I just cant pass up a good deal. thank you
You restore and sell? Or just keep buying?

Sandblasting, stripping, cleaning, and then repainting the top and bottom covers for two Carver C-1 preamps.

IMG_3540.JPG IMG_3542.JPG IMG_3543.JPG IMG_3546.JPG

Tap holes on the heatsink for mounting the power transistors. Nervous about this as I have to be very careful not to break the tapping bit into the heatsink!!! I am going to use the chuck of the drill press to hold the tapping tool to tap just to make sure it stays true. It's going to be slow.

Back
Top Bottom