What did you score on Record Store Day?

The Cars - Live at the Agora 1978:

Live_at_the_Agora.jpg

How is The Cars LP? Worth my chasing down?

How is The Cars LP? Worth my chasing down?

I think so, but I'm a huge fan of The Cars, especially their debut album. It came out the summer before my senior year of high school and was my go to 8-track tape in my truck for most of my senior year. This live set includes all the songs from their debut album, plus 4 more tracks. The pressing is very nice and probably gets as much as can be gotten out of the original tapes. David Robinson's drumming really shines, especially on tracks like Don't Cha Stop and You're all I Got Tonight.

Tracks that really stand out are Bye, Bye Love, Moving in Stereo and You're All I Got Tonight (for both Robinson's drum work and Elliot Easton's guitar riffs).

Personally, I'm really enjoying hearing live versions of some of the favorite songs of my youth. If you're a fan of the band, especially their early work, I'd say it's a must have.

I was really tempted to pick up the Cars LP, especially as I have fond memories of shows at the Agora (although about a decade later). But I only picked up the Bill Evans and Wynton Kelly/Wes Montgomery. First time I've went to a Record Store Day; I wasn't going to go with this one, but in the afternoon I decided to stop and see if anything left caught my interest.

QPQi7iA.jpg

I think so, but I'm a huge fan of The Cars, especially their debut album. It came out the summer before my senior year of high school and was my go to 8-track tape in my truck for most of my senior year. This live set includes all the songs from their debut album, plus 4 more tracks. The pressing is very nice and probably gets as much as can be gotten out of the original tapes. David Robinson's drumming really shines, especially on tracks like Don't Cha Stop and You're all I Got Tonight.

Tracks that really stand out are Bye, Bye Love, Moving in Stereo and You're All I Got Tonight (for both Robinson's drum work and Elliot Easton's guitar riffs).

Personally, I'm really enjoying hearing live versions of some of the favorite songs of my youth. If you're a fan of the band, especially their early work, I'd say it's a must have.
Thanks for the nice review. Unless prices come down I'll be passing on this one. 60 bucks for a 30 dollar record is too much for me. I love The Cars and being from Cleveland this one would have been nice. Too bad record store day has turned into despicable scalper day.

Back
Top Bottom