What Did You Sell Today?

stevo137

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My wife has a selling space at a local antique and collectible store and I use a section for selling some old audio pieces, mainly small speakers.

I had a Sherwood receiver playing music with a Kenwood CD player every day and people ask if they can buy the Sherwood and I have declined until yesterday.

A customer became very excited to find a "vintage" TT system but knew absolutely nothing about any of it and was using an old record player that was damaging his records.

I have to say it was very enjoyable to see him get so excited about this and so I decided to sell him the
Sherwood receiver, Onkyo turntable and Realistic MC 1000 speakers.

$170 for all and we now have a new, very excited vintage audio enthusiast out there playing records and he will also be streaming by using the auxiliary inputs on the receiver.

Wow, he was very happy and excited to get home and set it up.

I know that there are people here that also give pieces away and I think that's a great thing to do if you can afford to do that.

I have also sold several sets of speakers to younger people who are also really enjoying vintage audio and thats also nice to see.

Now I will be putting a Quadraflex receiver with Bang & Olufsen Beovox S 35's into the space.

I found out that there is actually a wanted list for vintage receivers in the store and they do sell quickly.

Just thought that I would share.

Have a great day!

Perhaps others can share what they have sold.

IMG_3393.JPG

Very cool to bring someone into the "fold" of vintage sound. I have only ever sold one thing. Most of the time I find, clean and give away to those who will appreciate it. My youngest daughter loves the set up I sent to her.

Recently sold the last of my cassette decks. Still got some decent $ for it.

17.jpg

I recently sold my KLH Model Twenty system, it had dropped a channel and I was sad about it, but happy to find someone who could buy, fix, and enjoy.

Very cool. I have a record store not too far from me that sells used equipment he sets up in a back room. Its nice since you can listen to what your intrested in. The store owner has a picker that finds the stuff. Here is the kicker, his prices are very reasonable. I recently picked up a pair of Old Large Advents for a very nice price. Between what his picker pays and then sells to him he doesn't seem to be marking the prices up much. But it does keep me my son and many others coming back mostly to buy records. I think its a pretty cool business model. Sell a system at a low cost and they keep coming back for music to play on it.

I was selling some vintage Pyrex on CL... this very nice 30-something lady comes to look at the Pyrex and I show her my Console corner... She falls in love with this one and offers me enough for me to say... "I guess I'll let that one go" That was a week ago and I just finished putting a new idler in the VOM and a couple new caps into her to really bring her up to snuff. The Lady picked it up today and asked if she could bring a friend by next week to check out all the "retro audio"... I say sure, hopefully she brings crazy cash too...

GE Console 015.JPG

I've had a couple decent cabinetry and furniture projects come my way over the past 3 months, so I haven't had time to list anything in a while... It will probably take me a week to list everything I've picked up lately.

Most recently, just a little vinyl. But a few weeks ago I sold a silver Sony DVP-NS9100ES here on BT. It's always great when transactions leave both people happy.

Hahaha! Shipped it last week. Good condition models sell for decent coin. My keeper Sony Betamax is a GCS-50 professional VCR which is worth around four bills.

Wow, I'll keep an eye out!
Quality piece.
The Sony name is still one of the greatest.
Now who would have figured, you can get most all of your TV programming on Sony PlayStation?

Wow, I'll keep an eye out!
Quality piece.
The Sony name is still one of the greatest.
Now who would have figured, you can get most all of your TV programming on Sony PlayStation?

Nice way to build up audio dollars for something you really want. That's how many of us put together awesome collections.

This is a great thread.

I just sold my Klipsch La Scala Industrial today. I had them on Craigslist and the Klipsch forum for ages. A guy drove all the way from Nashville to my house in Atlanta to demo them. I moved the couch out of the way and put out my vintage Ekornes stressless chair so he could have a comfortable listening position. He comes in, puts on Prince's Pussy Control, then I talked to him about what he was planning to use them for. He said he was setting up an audio setup for his man cave so his wife wasn't really concerned about them being so ugly. He had owned Heresys a long time ago and wanted to get back into audio. I talked to him about the common upgrades people do on them and he said he knew all about them, he had been researching that for a while. He put on a few more songs but seemed like he had decided he wanted them as soon as he heard the first notes of Pussy Control. I had them listed for $1000, was expecting $800 but ended up getting $950. I assume he would have gone the full $1000 but I didn't want to press it and I was glad to have been able to sell them to someone that was so excited about them. Somewhat sad I got rid of them as La Scalas are great speakers, even with their quirks, but they were too big for my listening room. Also glad they are out of the way, I have a nice Art Deco French server that was sitting on the wrong wall because the speakers were in the way.

Back
Top Bottom