What do these outputs mean?

VBB

Hi, this is a stand up Panasonic RS-280S am/fm cassette unit. Says 35 watts. On the back panel, it has these inputs for mic, aux, and phono. But below that it says output (rca jack) and below that it says ext. Speakers (smaller jack like 1/8" maybe). Is the output the main speaker jack, and the ext. If you wanna run 4? Or is the output a line level so you can run it through something else like an amp (seems odd when this is essentially a receiver)?

Also, what does this switch do? Can't figure out what the letters mean.

OFF (SWITCH) ON
rps20180808_123318.jpg SP SW

I am just commenting because I had one of those back in high school and early college! No recollection what happened to it. I somehow rigged a stand-alone cheapo turntable to it and the cassette player didn't work. But it was free and it got loud enough. That's where it all started for me - my first "system" in my hi-fi journey.

Reactions: VBB
SP SW ---> speaker switch
EXT SP ---> external speakers, CH2 is right speaker output, CH1 is the left
Line out is likely line level output so unit can be used as a tuner/ tapedeck with another amplifier. easy to test by measuring ac voltage leve

Hi, this is a stand up Panasonic RS-280S am/fm cassette unit. Says 35 watts. On the back panel, it has these inputs for mic, aux, and phono. But below that it says output (rca jack) and below that it says ext. Speakers (smaller jack like 1/8" maybe). Is the output the main speaker jack, and the ext. If you wanna run 4? Or is the output a line level so you can run it through something else like an amp (seems odd when this is essentially a receiver)?

Also, what does this switch do? Can't figure out what the letters mean.

OFF (SWITCH) ON
View attachment 1253906 SP SW

Speaker Switch with ON/OFF. 35 watts is power consumption. 8-12 watts channel or a bit more RMS for output power. And you have a line level output to use it with another amplifier and speaker system.

Reactions: VBB
Back
Top Bottom