What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

Had a decked out 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and loved the car. Fun to drive quiet and a decent stereo. After the wife passed I had 2 cars the focus and a 2013 MKS Lincoln which was the wife's car. The oldest boy needed a car and I didn't need 2 so I sold him the Focus dirt cheap. After driving the Lincoln for a daily driver as nice as it was I just couldn't love it. I've been a a hatchback kind of guy since the 1971 MG BGT and I missed the Focus. Did some looking and found a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium and since it's on the Focus platform it was like coming home. With the 240 horse
eco-boost it's quick it's almost as quiet as the MKS, the Sony stereo is the best I've had yet in a car and it can tow 3500 lbs. With the eco-boost it's no gas mileage champ but it drives so well I can live with that. So it's the Escape and the Moto Guzzi and they both make me happy. There may be a vintage gear head car if the right deal comes along.

Last edited:
Yeah, we rented a V6 Mustang, about a 2015. I'm a fast-ish car guy and I strongly prefer manuals but that automatic V6 Mustang was pretty fun.

A kinda friend has a V6 manual Mustang with some soft of exhaust and it feels quite a bit faster than the stock auto and the sound helps a bit... but it's no GT. That Coyote motor is pretty peppy for a production motor.

Last edited:
Do you watch Roadkill? Those guys put a 5.0 out of a late 80’s Mustang GT into an early 70’s 240z. Then they put a turbo off of a power stroke diesel on it. That thing was nuts

My wife's car - 2001 BMW 525i Touring (e39). Sport suspension, and 5 speed manual transmission. Only 5000 came to the US, and less than 1000 of those had the sport package. Even fewer came with 3 pedals. We have about 250,000 miles on it. A pretty sweet runabout.
And yes, I do get to drive it too. :)

525 Touring.png

XTSSwZO.jpg

2009 Chevy Silverado with matching color integrated amp

I am down to the following ( sold several others in the last 5 years reducing the 'fleet'):

1962 MGA coupe

fleetjune07.jpg

1956 MGA with Fiberfab body and GM V6 engine

1956mgafiberfabjamaicanap48305.jpg

1971 Jensen Interceptor

images

1958 MGA race car

portland.jpg

2009 Pontiac Solstice coupe and 2007 BMW Z4M coupe

B2_1.jpg

I am down to the following ( sold several others in the last 5 years reducing the 'fleet'):

1962 MGA coupe

fleetjune07.jpg

1971 Jensen Interceptor

images

1958 MGA race car

portland.jpg

B2_1.jpg
Dig the Interceptor.

Well, until we see you shoveling manure out of the back into a wheelbarrel for the yard we'll just say 100% car. :p

Guess you've never owned a Sube? Have filled the back with gravel, black earth, sheep manure, wood, etc....you name it! An Impreza HB, no less.:)

Q

'99 Dodge Cummins 2500HD 5-speed manual 4x4 (presently w/ 77k original miles)
from a time when the only way to get an HD rating, was to go manual transmission.

doing what it loves to do,...
View attachment 1347494
View attachment 1347490
View attachment 1347492

and, Sarges Pontiac Vibe jelly bean thing.
My gonzo fireman brother in law had a Ford Dually. I helped him collect granite boulders up to 200+ pounds for his rock garden. He over did it, pinch a nerve or something and half his face became paralyzed. It was kinda freaky. It eventual got better. Be safe!

1962 MGA coupe

fleetjune07.jpg

1971 Jensen Interceptor

images

1958 MGA race car

portland.jpg

B2_1.jpg
What is the one in the first pic with the slanted quad headlights?

Mine: 2016 Yukon Denali
Hers: 2017 Honda Accord V6 coupe
Summertime: 1999 Trans Am Firehawk

(stock images off the internet, as I don't have any photos of the Yukon or Honda handy, and the Firehawk is snug under its car cover for the winter)

d780c148db6c04b0db47a4935b7962e5.pngUnknown.jpegimages-1.jpeg

I have driven an 06 Corolla for the last few years, bought it with 30,000 miles on it and it’s been a great car. Corollas are absolutely, utterly reliable but boring boring boring! Plus I’m 6 foot four and approaching age 50. I’m thinking it’s time for something bigger. My youngest girl will be driving in a year or so and the current plan is for her to drive the Corolla, which means it’s time for me to get a car that I like. Right now I’m looking at Saab wagons.

Back
Top Bottom