What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

Truck.

Chevy Colorado, crew cab, full bed.

It's definitely the 'work' vehicle of the family.

It seems that we have a lot of vehicles. I initially listed my 02 Ford dually, 06 Cadillac SRX, 07 Tahoe, 03 Tahoe, and a 1988 Ford F800 dump truck. Too many vehicles for two people

They've got the same 4YE industrial engine as the gas-powered Toyota forklifts. Keep the cooling system maintained and they run forever!

I often joke to my boss that if the engine in the van ever fails, I'm just going to steal the engine from our department's forklift, lol.

I call this van an SOF (Son Of a Forklift)

My daily driver (1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon, grayish green, El Toro Spazzo), Mom's car, 2002 Saturn L 200 Sedan, Dark Blue, Rocket Launcher.

Prius2011 bought new and sienna 2001 bought new. Wife and I switch cars depending on needs. Saved lots of money picking up stuff with the minivan. Long trips we use the prius. Can't beat over 50mpg.

Friendship ended with Honda Accord.

Now Volvo 240 is my best friend.

8kpcOCD.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite was a 90 Talon TSI
This shot was up Old Fall River Road @ Estes Park CO on my trip to Grand Canyon National Park.
44152043_2268914263339391_3899734045960962048_n.jpg

I had a few 1st gen Talons & Eclipse GSX and a few D50's and Mighty Max pickups including this exact one

I got sick of repairing broken parts so 9 years ago I bought this (also 2L turbo) off the showroom floor.
I visited over 125 wooden covered bridges all over New England with it in the first 2 years I owned it.
This was at Bartonsville, Vermont about a year before Hurricane Irene dragged the bridge into Williams River on August 28, 2011.
It was rebuilt in 2012, and reopened in 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartonsville_Covered_Bridge
1239177_1400589923505167_529783011_o.jpg

The new bridge in Bartonsville
Bartonsville_covered_bridge_10-25-2013_10-40-28_AM.JPG

Last edited:
Can't make up my mind. I like them all, a 2007 Chevy Avalanche, a 1998 Ford Econoline conversion (empty rear for tools/hauling/fun) and a 1997 BMW 540i/six speed manny tranny.

2016 Fiesta ST. She's in her snow shoes right now. It's not a car, it's a street legal go kart. It's mostly stock outside of an E30 tune from Stratified. Once the needle hits 2k, hang on.

eFL63V7.jpg

Drove a Jeep but got tired of people waving at me. Ha! No I just do too many things that require I truck so now I drive a lifted Ram with 37's. Wife has a Mini, Countryman All4 S and we use it the most.

Just had this washed for the first time in 10 years or so - maybe 15. Need to use it Christmas day to haul a few things, so wifey wanted it clean. She had errands to run this morning, so she gassed it up and ran it through the car wash. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so it may have been a futile attempt.

'97 Z71 Silverado, bought it new, has just under 125,000 miles. There's a 5th wheel plate in the bed, spent most of it's life pulling a 20' gooseneck to and from auctions. We've sold the property, the gooseneck is gone, and I just have a 16' tandem axle car trailer to move my stuff. Front brake pads several times, rear shoes once, one water pump, one alternator, and a radiator. Other than that pretty much untouched.

As soon as we get ready to start moving, I'll run it down to my long time repair shop and have him do a complete tune-up, tranny service, front and rear differential, and transfer case fluid change. Should be good for another 125K.
Z71 pickup.jpg

The fuel spider hasn't perished yet? They typically did not last more than 10 years or so. Its not that big of a deal to change it, though people make it sound like an absolute horror story. I did one on an S10, never having done one before, and it was about 2 hours from turning the lights on in the garage to washing my hands after putting the tools away. The full size truck is only slightly more annoying because its taller and you need something to stand on to reach the fuel lines in the back.

Something much like that would be on my preferred list for replacing the S10. I don't need a massive truck, but upping my tow capacity to what a full size 1/2 ton will provide would be useful at times.

Something much like that would be on my preferred list for replacing the S10. I don't need a massive truck, but upping my tow capacity to what a full size 1/2 ton will provide would be useful at times.

5.3/4L60 swap time, then add a couple more leafs in the back :D

Back
Top Bottom