What do you guys think of this idea ?

Johnny

Senior Slacker
I was looking to get a little more "punch" outta my speakers. These speakers are ported in the front. I was thinking about cutting an 8" hole around the port and putting in a passive driver and sealing the cabs. Is this a bad idea ?

Thanks

J

Johnny let me know if you are gonna do it, I have some 12" passives I was gonna use but ain't no more I'd let go cheap.

Originally posted by THOR
Johnny let me know if you are gonna do it, I have some 12" passives I was gonna use but ain't no more I'd let go cheap.
Whadda U want for the 12" passives? My son might be interested for his car!! :)

Sounds good... Just make sure that there chainsaw's all sharpened up real good before you start-a-cuttin' there hoss...

:D

$30 bucks and I'll pay the shipping. They are the matching passives to these woofers, so they have nice pleated surrounds so you never have to worry about foam rot.

Thor,
I'll take them, drop me a PM or e-mail for payment arrangements, thanks, Wojo. :)

Last edited:
Funny the Passive get to come back home to Michigan ;) just glad some one can use em.

Grump

Originally posted by grumpy
Funny the Passive get to come back home to Michigan ;) just glad some one can use em.

Grump
Grumpy,
If I had them shipped to my work at Federal-Mogul in Southfield, they'd really be close to you!! Hopefully THOR's getting most of his payola back on them!! I hope they'll work out for my son, he installed an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" sub with an 1800watt Audiobahn in his car. Send me your address, I'll have him pass by and rattle your windows!! That sub has a 3.7" excursion, wow!!
Are these kids nuts today or what?? My wife claims a he's a chip off the old block, I wonder what that means??

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/website/products/IDMAX.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2qwxzGvaVZN/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=037A18001D

Johnny ,I can't offer much advise,but if the speakers are Storm speakers,than any port in a Storm is fine:D :D

Just trying to help

Alan

Alan, that was awful !

Did make me giggle tho-

I think I`m going to do this, unless one of the pro`s can give me a good reason not to. I`m hoping the result is more punch less boom. Still have some research to do, I`d hate to ruin a perfectly good set of speakers.

J

Back
Top Bottom