What Do You Like for Breakfast

For an American breakfast, any combination of the below.

Coffee black, fruit juices, milk.
Banana, macadamia nut pancakes with whipped cream and coconut syrup.
Most sausage and eggs (scrambled or sunny-side up).
Granola or muesli with milk or yogurt and honey. Banana, strawberries, blueberries, acai, extra nuts.
Fruit bowl with nuts, yogurt and or whipped cream. The above fruit and melons, pineapple, peaches, mango, starfruit, dragon fruit, kiwi.
Grapefruit with honey.
Wheat toast or English muffins with butter with either guava jam, orange marmalade, strawberry preserves.
French toast with whipped cream, maple syrup and fruit.
Corned beef hash, hash browns.
Potato, tomato, egg, mushroom, cilantro and cheese scramble. Ketchup and Tabasco.
Bagel, cream cheese and lox. Sometimes with tomato, red onions, capers.
Avocado toast with salt and pepper.
Oatmeal with cream and brown sugar.
Donuts, pastries or croissant.
Grits with butter and salt.

Variety is the spice of life. Yum.

Last edited:
Lately Saturdays or sundays from a little joint around the corner...ham and cheese omelet with onions ....side of bacon and grits. They have a great corn beef omelet.

Bacon,egg and cheddar cheese toasted sandwich with 3 cups of freshly ground coffee and a couple of cigs. On the weekend substitute cigs for light thc sativa / Cbd spliff. I live in Canada after all.

Not worried about freedom 55. I’m Peacing out by 60. LOL

My favorite breakfast was straight Vodka.
But then I had to give that shit up.

You should at least mix some orange juice in there, to get a little Vitamin C action going....
As my dear ol` Grandma used to say..."Everything in moderation...."
(and moderation was the first thing to go ! :) )

I skip breakfast 5 or 6 days a week but when I do have it, it's pretty traditional. 2 eggs over easy, 2 sausage patties and some hash browns with skim milk to drink.

Whole milk, a small pot of coffee, two eggs over easy with Tabasco sauce, and one slice of whole grain toast with butter. Every day. The only thing that changes is sometimes a different bread. This is my favorite, but I can't always find it in stores:

Delba Pumpernickel.jpg

For me most days:

Coffee, 4 or 5 cups.
Some kind of whole grain cereal with whole milk, most often oatmeal, wheat chex, raisin bran.
Fruit on the cereal when in season - blueberries, strawberries, etc. When not available, an apple, or maybe a dollop of jelly in the oatmeal.
A cup of homemade (whole milk) yogurt.

Fibre, protein, complex carbs. Not much sugar or fat.

Every now and then I'll have a bagel with cream cheese, or eggs and sausage, as a change of pace.

Health food all the way. The butter and sugar grits didn't fit in the picture.
View attachment 1438707
Looks great, but now, is that up to the Texan standard? I think it needs to be little meatier.

I realized that I've been eating like a monk all these years. ;)

I like the way you cooked your sunny side ups. Some people hate burnt edges, but I love it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom