What Do You like on a Sandwich?

Discussion in 'Cooking & Spirits' started by pustelniakr, Jun 16, 2018.

1. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

You are correct.

What I like ON a sandwich really depends on what's IN the sandwich.

For example... Pulled pork? The shittiest white bread you can find. Wonder Bread is perfect. Once you have two slices of Wonder or some other off-brand supermarket white bread, you need some really good BBQ sauce and some really good cole slaw. THEN you build it like this.... Bread, BBQ sauce, cole slaw, BBq Sauce... PORK BBQ sauce, cole slaw, BBQ sauce and bread.

EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG.

Wow... you're right. Just like audio. :)

IPADave likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. pustelniakr

pustelniakr Silver Miner at Large Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Subscriber

Italian Sandwich

I made this up through the day, until time to make it: sliced and sauteed hot chicken Italian sausage, sauteed onion slivers, sauteed mini sweet red peppers, pickled pepperoncini, shredded lettuce, quartered grape tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese, all on Iraqi samoon bread.

[​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Rich P

IPADave and Bill Ferris like this.
  3. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

Lately I've been digging on the hot steak sandwich from Panera Bread. It's those dang pickled onions that make it so good.

Bill Ferris and IPADave like this.
  4. pustelniakr

Romanian Frigarui Sandwich

The dressing for my sandwich is called Mujdei de Usturoi (Romanian garlic sauce): minced garlic, sea salt, olive oil, sour cream, and fresh ground black pepper.

The meat for my sandwich, Frigarui (Romanian Chicken Kebabs): cubed chicken thigh meat, marinated in a special sauce (French thyme, rosemary from the garden out front, parsley from out back, fresh-ground black pepper, lemon juice, sugar, minced ginger, minced garlic, and plain yogurt), and grilled.

Finally, a sandwich I just made up while thinking about it for a couple of hours: pita bread, Frigarui, cubes of Eclipse tomatoes, slivers of red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, broccoli-clover sprouts, and Mujdei de Usturoi as a dressing.

[​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Rich P

Bill Ferris likes this.
  5. Tronk

Tronk AK Subscriber Subscriber

Almost every sandwich I eat will have Yellow Mustard on it (except for Meatloaf, Fried Bologna and a BLT, they must have Ketchup).

6. pustelniakr

Hot Pastrami on Rye

This is one I've had a taste for, for several days. Finally I got around to it, and it most certainly did hit the spot.

First, onion rings (Alexia brand). These never disappoint.

Finally, the Hot Pastrami Sandwich: pumpernickel rye bread (grilled in olive oil), thin-sliced Kretchmar pastrami (also grilled in olive oil; I like Boar's Head better, but the grocer I hit does not carry that), spicy brown mustard, slivers of red onion, sliced Eclipse tomato, and clover-broccoli sprouts.

This was all washed down with ice-cold S. Pellegrino.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
    Rich P

Bill Ferris likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

Pastrami on Rye...

Lord, how I miss the Carnegie Deli in NYC...

carnegis deli.jpg

carnegid deli pastrami.jpg

8. jimfet

jimfet AK Subscriber Subscriber

It seems for the prices they charge, they would at least put some meat on your sandwich.

IPADave likes this.
  9. SPL db

SPL db It's all about the music! Subscriber

Turkey on marble rye topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, & jalapeƱos is my go to at my work place's deli.

Also love me a good cheese steak sandwich, best I've found so far is PepperJax Grill.

Bill Ferris and pustelniakr like this.