What Do You Read?

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
I'm hoping the moderators will allow me to ask a simple question here, that's not strictly within the forum rules:

What audio magazines do you read?

The purpose of this thread is to get an idea of what's being read, and allow us to introduce new sources of reviews, etc.

NB: I didn't ask what you don't read, or won't read, or hate reading, etc, etc. Just tell us what you actually do read, no big commentary or harangues.

I read Stereophile, The Absolute Sound, Home Theater, and Sound and Vision. Occasionally, I read some of the online review mags.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Moderators, please lock this baby promptly if it goes astray.

Great to see this forum come to be...thank you to the folks behind the scenes here at AK!

Oh yeah and what do I read...

Stereophile, TAS, WhatHiFi, and TONEAudio for starters.

I read Stereophile, Absolute Sound, Tone Audio, and Hi Fi News (UK) regularly. What HiFI and Sound & Vision (occasionally), and anything else that randomly pops up on news stands. I tend to read hard-copy versions but sometimes read online. Its my go-to airplane entertainment.

Stereophile, AudioXpress, and Voice Coil, regularly. TAS, Home Theater, Sound & Vision, Hi Fi News, on occasion, and rarely will pick up or search out some of the others mentioned. Once in a great while, I'll even look at an audiocritic article if I'm bored.

Stereophile, What HiFi and lots of manufacturers and dealers catalogs, brochures, leaflets etc. I also read packaging and manuals.

Right now Stereophile, 6moons.com (my favorite online review site), and TNT Audio. Sadly I have not yet gotten around to renewing my TAS subscription, as that's my favorite of all the hi-fi "rags."

Right now Stereophile, 6moons.com (my favorite online review site), and TNT Audio. Sadly I have not yet gotten around to renewing my TAS subscription, as that's my favorite of all the hi-fi "rags."

The Absolute Sound is also the one I look forward to reading the most.

It pains me to think of what I'm missing, since my subscription ran out nearly a year ago.
I haven't read it in awhile, either, since I always bought it at Borders a few blocks away. And now that Borders is no more, I have to get a subscription. It'll save me money, but I liked grabbing a coffee and TAS and looking out the window at shoppers as I read it, then brought it home to add to the pile.

When I get a chance to hit up Barnes & Noble, I always seek out Hi-Fi Choice from the UK.
Tom

I've been cleaning out the audio closet tonight and came across my stash of back issues. Leafing through the UK's Hi Fi News now- what a wonderful magazine. I wish it was more widely available here. The even have a 'retro roundup' and frequently do pieces on vintage gear.

I've been cleaning out the audio closet tonight and came across my stash of back issues. Leafing through the UK's Hi Fi News now- what a wonderful magazine. I wish it was more widely available here. The even have a 'retro roundup' and frequently do pieces on vintage gear.

I have no where in town to pick up any audio mags anymore once Borders closed. Never had a place to buy HiFi news here, ever. Always picked up copies when I was in Portland or Seattle and yeah...great magazine.

I have no where in town to pick up any audio mags anymore once Borders closed. Never had a place to buy HiFi news here, ever. Always picked up copies when I was in Portland or Seattle and yeah...great magazine.

I think it might change some people's perception of 'high end' were it more widely available. They have a much broader focus on budget gear than Stereophile, the do both testing and subjective reviews (and the occasional blind shootout), the letters are informative, and the historical stuff is really interesting (there was a great series on the history of hi fi decade by decade that spanned several issues, a few years ago). They even criticize mistakes they made themselves in the past.

Stereophile, TAS, Bound for Sound
ToneAudio, Positive Feedback Online, Enjoy the Music, Dagogo, TNT-Audio
the British mags especially HFN when I'm at the book store

Back
Top Bottom