1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of June

Discussion in 'AKFest 2008' started by Grumpy, May 16, 2008.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

As the month for the next Fest ?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. RichPA

RichPA Don't drive angry Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

Early June would be great; the second half not so much, from my point of view - getting too much into summer stuff.

3. RayW

RayW Parrothead with a badge Staff Member Super Mod

Tough to say seeing as how it's a year away, but you might want to keep some distance from Memorial Day to avoid family vacations. Shouldn't matter for me personally as long as there's plenty of lead time.

Ray

4. Aage

Aage Super Member

End of June the kids are out of school, so RichPA's suggestion is probably a valid one.

5. similost

similost Rockin and Rollin....

I would think you might get less of a turn out. Lots of people starting the family vacations around that time... Not many guys can talk the wife and kids into a stereo fest as the family vacation, especially since that's when kids start getting out of school.

I would think late April would be better if you were trying to get more people to attend... winter is just going away, and people are starting to look for things to do..

I'm probably all around wrong though, since I don't have kids nor the worry, but that's what I hear from people when I mention things happening on the weekends around June and July time..

6. ozmoid

ozmoid Lunatic Member

June is good... :scratch2: ...and as far as the "Wife and Kids" thing, I'm probably bringing mine to the next 'Fest whenever it is, if we can swing it.

7. slow_jazz

slow_jazz AK Subscriber Subscriber

As long as it's not in the winter and could be affected by weather is fine with me.

8. speedle

speedle Peanut gallery owner

Anything after early April is good with me, and before July 4th, so June is...Perfect!

9. Negotiableterms

Negotiableterms Administrator Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Anything after Memorial Day (last Monday in May) is tough. A lot of schools get out, and families are planning their vacations. Having the Fest near then causes their Fest travel budget to compete with their vacation budget.

For me, while the kids are in school, it's not disastrous to be gone for a few days. Once they're out... I'm required to stick around!

10. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

June, May, April. All the same to me.

11. ekmanning5

ekmanning5 Time has told me...

I agree wholeheartedly. I coach a little league team and once school lets out we have trouble throwing 9 kids together sometimes.

12. First week in Junes perfect as long has it doesnt hit the 16th the first day of the new Angling season!

13. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

OK let me rephrase this. Its the first weekend in June or there is probably no ak fest..

14. RayW

RayW Parrothead with a badge Staff Member Super Mod

First weekend in June sounds great! :thmbsp:

Ray

15. drknstrmyknight

drknstrmyknight AK Subscriber Subscriber

alrighty then - I've cleared my calendar.

16. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

In June I might at least have a hint of a chance to be able to go. A slim chance is better than none.

17. sauuuuuce

sauuuuuce ...In a bottle or a can

The first weekend in june sounds good to me. I am planning on making next year my first AK fest. Late june wouldn't be good for me motly because of the anniversary. I'm in.

18. similost

similost Rockin and Rollin....

I just saw this thread again in my list, and for some weird reason, I thought someone was asking about Mrs. Cleaver...

I'll go back to my wine now...

19. Mchaz

Mchaz Outputs roasting on an...

Agreed.

20. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

I'm local, so any date is fine with me.