What do you think of June

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
As the month for the next Fest ?

Early June would be great; the second half not so much, from my point of view - getting too much into summer stuff.

Tough to say seeing as how it's a year away, but you might want to keep some distance from Memorial Day to avoid family vacations. Shouldn't matter for me personally as long as there's plenty of lead time.

Ray

I would think you might get less of a turn out. Lots of people starting the family vacations around that time... Not many guys can talk the wife and kids into a stereo fest as the family vacation, especially since that's when kids start getting out of school.

I would think late April would be better if you were trying to get more people to attend... winter is just going away, and people are starting to look for things to do..

I'm probably all around wrong though, since I don't have kids nor the worry, but that's what I hear from people when I mention things happening on the weekends around June and July time..

June is good... :scratch2: ...and as far as the "Wife and Kids" thing, I'm probably bringing mine to the next 'Fest whenever it is, if we can swing it.

Anything after early April is good with me, and before July 4th, so June is...Perfect!

Anything after Memorial Day (last Monday in May) is tough. A lot of schools get out, and families are planning their vacations. Having the Fest near then causes their Fest travel budget to compete with their vacation budget.

For me, while the kids are in school, it's not disastrous to be gone for a few days. Once they're out... I'm required to stick around!

Anything after Memorial Day (last Monday in May) is tough. A lot of schools get out, and families are planning their vacations. Having the Fest near then causes their Fest travel budget to compete with their vacation budget.

For me, while the kids are in school, it's not disastrous to be gone for a few days. Once they're out... I'm required to stick around!

I agree wholeheartedly. I coach a little league team and once school lets out we have trouble throwing 9 kids together sometimes.

First week in Junes perfect as long has it doesnt hit the 16th the first day of the new Angling season!

OK let me rephrase this. Its the first weekend in June or there is probably no ak fest..

In June I might at least have a hint of a chance to be able to go. A slim chance is better than none.

The first weekend in june sounds good to me. I am planning on making next year my first AK fest. Late june wouldn't be good for me motly because of the anniversary. I'm in.

I just saw this thread again in my list, and for some weird reason, I thought someone was asking about Mrs. Cleaver...

I'll go back to my wine now...

Back
Top Bottom