What do you use to show off your Home Theater

i like to play Avatar in bluray to show off the LED TV and i turn the volume up to show off the 7.2ch Yamaha RX-V665, Pioneer CS-907 front speakers and Klipsch satellites (varying models)

kung fu hustle is another good one on dvd. With the chinese stringed instruments of death. Very musical quality to test your upper freqs, and plenty of hard hitting impact to satisy your subs for the evening.

Tons of humor as well.

YES!
The hidden gem of Blu Ray!
Great demo scenes, with as you stated above, the upper frequencies and the low hz.

Ugh, Not to rain on the parade but I hated avatar- Very pretty looking movie but the plot was just killing me the whole way but video wise, hell yes.

My theater is 120" diagonal projection through a JVC DLA-G11U. 6.1 surround.
(before I catch flack for a $11K projector, it was a gift from an uncle with too much money lol but I have to say its Awesome.)

I remember when HT was finally coming to the poorer people and Sams club was selling a Blose or Boston set up and I would stand and watch it for a hour while my parents shopped. So for me the epic surround thump your chest is and always will be-

Days Of Thunder.

the video quality of the DVD is TRULY not good. but the sound is Great. The opening scene of "Dark Knight" when the glass breaks is just unreal how clear those highs are.

People who are seeing the set up for the first time just always seem to appreciate the bass more than the highs, video more than the surround experience.

to me it Goes:
1-Video
2-Surround
3-Bass
4-Highs

Iron man, specifically the scene where he goes out for the first time with the red/gold suit. He fights some militant group in a remote village. Pretty cool.

Weird as it sounds I like demoing some tracks off the Animatrix soundtrack. Cool electronic music - sounds are coming from all over the room.

kung fu hustle is another good one on dvd. With the chinese stringed instruments of death. Very musical quality to test your upper freqs, and plenty of hard hitting impact to satisy your subs for the evening.

Tons of humor as well.

Great demo with lows and highs too!

I usually do requests for guests, but if up to me, then either "Top Gun", or the opening battle scene of "Star Wars Episode III" (truly breathtaking) and finally, any part of "Avatar".

I like "Gladiator". The music is fantastic and fills up the room. The opening battle scene sounds are killer. On a good system, you can feel arrows wizzing by your head.

I usually do requests for guests, but if up to me, then either "Top Gun", or the opening battle scene of "Star Wars Episode III" (truly breathtaking) and finally, any part of "Avatar".

Agreed ! All of the star wars series sound great, I would add the Terminator series as well.

Agreed ! All of the star wars series sound great, I would add the Terminator series as well.

Youre right....in T2, the bike/truck chase is awesome. SW III, the opening battle on my large screen, my jaw drops every time; there's so much going on.

It's a shame they didn't make any more...

But Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World has everything. Sweeping score, creaking ships and cannonballs! And that's just the first ten minutes!

For sound , Jethro Tull , Live at Montreux , last track "Locomotive Breath"
at +10 . woke up one morning to bits of subwoofer cone all over the floor !
Sure gives everything a work out.

I have four children and I can tell you that Transformer 2 was great to test a system. Lots of booms and high end room swirls as well... Check it out.

When I show my subs and 6.1 I put in either <Shoot em up> or <Sin City>.
Really like the diversity of sound and the rain falling all around and the fight scenes thunder my closet doors in the other rooms. Great movies to test a system for symetry.:tresbon:

Back
Top Bottom