What do you use when padding caps to fit in larger clamps?

Normally I go with the correct size caps, but this is on a Pioneer SX-828, and the bigger caps are $25 each, while the little caps are $6 each, and I have three SX-828s to do.

I did one of those a few months back. Used correctly sized CDE filters from DigiKey and they’re still available at $13. Still twice what you’re quoting but remember in the filtering application it’s ripple that matters and I bet the larger cap has an edge on numbers.

Good luck with your projects! :thumbsup:

You could always use smaller clamps that fit the new caps. Of course you have to buy them. It worked on my Au-999.

I have used plastic plumbers strap in the past, or old innertube, or tool box drawer lining cork mat cut in strips and wound around the cap, if the replacement cap is only slightly smaller in diameter as the original clamp, or also in supplementing the plastic plumber`s strap.

I imagine 1~2" or so wide 1/8~1/4 " thick, if needed, closed cell foam weather striping might be used to build out the replacement cap`s diameter, with enough additional thickness to be larger than the original cap to get good foam compression for a secure cap to bracket result.

Just a thought folks.

OKB

Back
Top Bottom