What does a million dollar AMC look like........very cool

Most fun Rambler I ever had ...

DSC_0352.jpg

... But I couldn't see paying that kind of money for one ... <G>

PS ... saw one recently in a local car lot recently and just had to stop. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money for it though ...

<phew> Dodged a bullet there. Not like I had room to park it anyway.

That's one hot looking car! I'd never have thought to put AMC and BMW in the same sentence, let alone the same car.

The one that got away. In 1981, my parents were going to buy my first car for me, with a $1200 budget.

I found one of these, in perfect condition for $800.

1969-amc-sc-rambler-b-trim.jpg

Mom wouldn't let me have it, because she didn't like the hood scoop. I wanted that car soooo bad.

We didn't know the SC Rambler was a rare car, something like 1500 made. Nobody realized they were jemstones.

Seeing the AMC logo on the steering wheel makes me giggle just a bit. When I think of AMC, my first thought is the awesome Concord. Maybe this was a kitcar that fit on a Concord frame. :biggrin:

I had a 1966 Ambassador DPL such as the one in these random Internet pics. Mine had the AMC 327, four speed, & posi rearend. I miss that car...

1966_amc_ambassador_dpl.jpg

huber1.jpg

We love our Ramblers
WE love our Ramblers
No time for Chevy's
'Cause we love our Ramblers ...

a3b5c434e497cc4789e273d7b1170f77.jpg

My first car. Bought around 1966. At first I hated it as my Dad made me buy the thing with my money and I did not want a Rambler. Later I realized it was a decent car, at least after dropping in a small block Chevy / trans and rear. Ended up selling it for more than I paid for it. Now I can see why some people liked it. Borrowed this pic from interweb. Pretty much
looked like mine.6120-Passenger-Rear.jpg

I learned to drive in an AMC Gremlin. What a POS! Only car I owned that was worse was the Chevette. :(

The one that got away. In 1981, my parents were going to buy my first car for me, with a $1200 budget.

I found one of these, in perfect condition for $800.

View attachment 844517

Mom wouldn't let me have it, because she didn't like the hood scoop. I wanted that car soooo bad.

We didn't know the SC Rambler was a rare car, something like 1500 made. Nobody realized they were jemstones.

I paid about $1200 for a rusty one in about '84. After building a nice engine for it with the best parts and all the AMC tricks known at the time we realised it was too rusty for us to save and sold it to someone with better body skills. Looking back we should have kept it.

Last edited:
Anyone here ever drive or ride in a hot rodded Gremlin V8! Friggin scary!! a family friend just a few miles from here has four AMX's all within a year of each other, but all are unique. Sporting different trim and interiors. One came from the factory without back, seats. Just a carpeted space with tie down loops to secure luggage. Very weird.

Back
Top Bottom