What does music mean to you?

Judas Priest

I´m not an audiophile but music is extremely important to me. I rarely listen to music in the background; I listen to it solely and intensely. I like hard rock and (quality) heavy metal; I like it hard but it still has to be melodical.

The music I listen to (Judas Priest is my favorite band ;) ) can literally move me to tears and I get goosebumps on my whole body. It can also make me completely flip out. I´m 47 but I still play air guitar and drums :banana:

So, what does music mean to you?

No kidding:

MUSIC WAS MY FIRST LOVE,
AND IT WILL BE MY LAST,
MUSIC OF THE FUTURE,
MUSIC OF THE PAST.
TO LIVE WITHOUT MY MUSIC
WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO DO
CAUSE I THIS WORLD OF TROUBLE
MY MUSIC PULLS ME THROUGH!

:yes:

Thanks Barry to put it into words this way...

Last edited:
“My music is the spiritual expression of what I am — my faith, my knowledge, my being...When you begin to see the possibilities of music, you desire to do something really good for people, to help humanity free itself from its hangups...I want to speak to their souls.”
― John Coltrane

I love it, but I don't get all nutsy over it. Yes, I listen carefully. I also like it as background sometimes. And sometimes I turn it off. It's important, but not my entire life.

It´s not my entire life either, but when I listen to music I usually don´t do anything else. I also HATE it when people constantly talk when listening to music! That is so distractive :(

What does music mean to me?

FREEDOM!!

Background, foreground, serious listening, AM Radio, it dosen't matter. Music means FREEDOM to me.

It is one of the most powerful things I've ever experienced. :yes:

Dennie :D

peanuts-beethoven-answer-to-life.gif

I´ve been thinking again lately what music means to me, and how important it is to me.

When I started this thread 5 years ago, I was listening only to rock and Metal, and it was in my head every wake minute of the day. Even when I woke up in the middle of the night, I had music in my head.

Now I listen almost exclusively to classical music, and I am just completely overwhelmed with the beauty and power of it.

I still have music in my head every minute of the day, but now it´s mostly classical :)

A life without music and quality reproduction is unthinkable to me.

Profound emotion. Happiness. Saddens. Calm to immeasurable excitement. Movement. Here and gone on an instant. Yet lasting a life time.

Everything... I was exposed from before I was born, saw it as a language from before I had one to speak. I listened and learned to understand it. As soon as I was able, I learned to "speak" it too. Music is one of the first things that goes on in the morning, and the last thing to go off at night. The wife daughter and I take turns picking the genre... even though she isn't 3 yet, my daughter demands music and 'doodles' on a couple instruments daily like I do. No matter how busy the day, I always take at least 15-20 minutes to play one of my instruments.

As Friedrich Nietzsche once said.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

Now that's something I believe and its even engraved upon my iPod.

A quote by Nietzsche! Love it!

I abhor religion in the sense that belief is not wanting to know the truth (Nietzsche also). ...but Music is like a religion to me, nothing to believe in, just a release of my spirit. Meditation, muse and salve.

... but yeah... I'm not crazy about it or nothin'...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom